The Production Accountant / Production Supervisor role is a key one as they act as the steward to ensure that all Flare production and post production jobs that are being worked on are efficient, remunerated fairly, reconciled properly and on time, and that all fees are actually being recognized towards the overall agency target. They also manage the day to day production details for projects.
- Manage day to day finances and financialreporting for all Flare projects
- Prepare schedule and estimate; create and track POs and invoices; has substantial familiarity with production budgeting software and crew payroll/timecards
- Review all estimates before they go to client
- Support the EP on the profitability of each project, and provide insight into opportunities and risks
- Provide weekly P&L & variance analysis for all current projects
- Manage cash flow, petty cash, credit card expenditures and client invoicing
- Reconcile all jobs with producers, making sure that jobs are closed in a timely manner
- Prepare month-end numbers for the CFO and EP and track projections for the next several months.
- Is the go to person of all financial queries on productions insurances/payment terms
- Has substantial production experience and understands the ins and outs of video production and post production; has an extensive ?rolodex? of production contacts, including crew, vendors, talent, etc.
- Has working knowledge of SAG and AFTRA; can help as needed with talent payments and contracts
- On boards vendors and manages vendor relationships; negotiates vendor and crew rates and contracts
- Oversees location bookings and arranges any necessary permissions and risk assessments
- Wraps all projects in a timely manner and ensures all project documentation is organized and properly archived
- Maintains paperwork and project information for any audit needs
- Ensures that insurance requirements, health and safety rules, and legal guidelines are fulfilled.
- Can act as on-set production manager as needed
- Minimum 5 years working in video production at a production company or an agency
- Knowledge of SAG and AFTRA knowledge is required as is knowledge of FLARE (Flare Studio is a content commissioning platform from client. It operates for the world's leading creative agencies representing over 5000 brands globally).
- Minimum 8years working in financial accounting
- Extensive familiarity with video production processes
- BA in Accounting, Business Management or similar