Product Value Stream Materials Manager
Provide leadership and materials support aligned with strategy, standardization, and consistency to plants within the assigned product value stream.
- Optimize materials flows for assigned area of responsibility (ie: Dimension /Component; Flat Stock; WW / Painted Component) to develop integrated value streams that deliver quality products and services quickly, reliably and at a cost that offers compelling value in the market place.
- Work with plants to define, document, implement and audit best practices for functional areas of responsibility
- Create innovative, sustainable solutions through the practical application of technology and continuous improvement to optimize product flows in the assigned value stream.
- Functional MRP system and material flow expert.
- Develop and recommend value stream inventory plans in concert withother affected Project VS Materials Managers.
- Monitor inventory levels at the plant and value stream level.
- Train/develop/audit Plant Materials Managers in alignment with our culture, our vision, materials functional excellence and lean flow.
- Monitor order and receipt levels for both raw materials and WIP.
- Participate in the establishment of and take actions to meet departmental scorecard goals.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Value Stream Materials Manager.
- Promote CITE principles.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Undergraduatedegree in Business, or related field, extensive experience will be considered in lieu of an undergraduatedegree
- APICS Certification. Actively working toward APICS certification will be considered in lieu of certification.
- Minimum of 10 years of upper level Materials Management experience in a multi-plant environment.
- Experience in developing and implementing inventory plans in a SKU intensive environment.
- Track record of successful project management and team leadership
- Highly developed Microsoft Office skills with a focus on Access and Excel.
- Management style and duties must be consistent with and support the current AWC Vision and CITE principles.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business and technical journals, financialreports, and legal documents. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with provider/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from provider/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to plant management, public groups, and/or top management.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as demand/supply management, statistical math calculations, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Typical office environment. The noise level is usually moderate. Moderate to extensive out-of-town travel. Occasional weekend work required.
Contact me via email if interested with resume and salary requirements to: code JSAWMATMGR OR if you know a candidate that might be qualified for this role and your refer them we will pay a $200.00 "referral bonus" if your candidate is hired.
Authorized US only
Recourse Communications Inc.
RCI Recruitment Solutions
112 Intracoastal Pointe Dr.
Jupiter, FL 33477
Strategic. Practical. Timely.