Our client is seeking an experienced Product Training and Documentation Specialist for their Boston office to ensure that all members of the team are equipped with the industry and product knowledge they need to align with customer success strategies and execution, and to create and deliver engaging training to encourage professional growth and development.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Finance and Administration and will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with team members and leaders across the organization. You will bring your experience and understanding of learning methodologies and your tireless pursuit of excellence to a talented and driven team of professionals. This is an individual contributor role with the opportunity to build out a new function.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify and prioritize organizational learning and development needs and methods
- Develop and maintain training materials utilizing various media/forms (e.g. presentations, reference guides, interactive sessions)
- Create training guides for new processes and ensure consistent adoption in partnership with Sales and Operations Management
- Maintain internal knowledgebase(s) of training and process materials in a searchable, easy to navigate format, including increasing mobile access to information. This may include sourcing or recommending alternative platforms.
- Collaborate on onboarding training for new hires, including working with hiring managers to schedule and plan sessions
- Collaborate with HR management to support enterprise-wide organizational development initiatives, such as leadership and culture development
- Liaise with leaders across the organization to align content and coordinate training delivery and materials
- Work closely with the sales, marketing, operations and product teams to turn market positioning, messaging and product capabilities into content for internal training
- Drive continuous improvement on training delivery and effectiveness, including the selection and management of e-learning delivery tools, application exercises and feedback processes
- Liaise with Director of Sales Training to share best practices, methodologies and tools to ensure consistency across the organization
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to teach and coach in a clear, concise manner
- Thorough knowledge of training processes, methodologies and educational theories of adult learning
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to develop innovative ideas to meet the changing training needs of the company
- Ability to motivate trainees to achieve high levels of performance
- Flexible, problem-solving skills with a dedication to always getting it right
- 3+ years of training experience in a dynamic organization
- Strong project management skills and a proven ability to work independently
- Experience with Cloud-based software (Salesforce, Google Docs, etc.)
- Experience creating materials in an agile or start-up development environment
- Knowledge of e-learning technology and software such as WebEx and Articulate Storyline with a willingness to learn and use future technological tools to deliver training preferred
- Experience in content management systems and/or help tools strongly preferred