- To lead and manage the Product Test Laboratory for TSS R&D Americas ensuring excellence in quality, on time delivery, capability development, and personal development.
- To provide Technical support to both internal and external customers
- Machine and capacity planning and controlling.
- Prioritization and Scheduling of Development and Service projects.
- Manage and support Development, Service and internal improvements
- Participate and manage test method development along with detailed test plans, reflecting inputs, outputs of project scope and deliverables for individual projects
- Review and approve all out going test reports.
- Maintain communication with internal customers, including TSS Marketing, Operations, and Supply Chain
- Reviews and approve all test procedures
- Oversee the design and implementation of hydraulic systems, electrical systems, and other industrial systems, within laboratory
- Manage the design of hydraulic based test equipment, and seal test methods
- Oversee the supporting function and investigations of product failure analysis
- Ensure effective hiring of new employees and training of current employees
- Ensures safety procedures and training requirements are met
- Ensure that all R&D activities are safe and environmentally responsible, including achievement of ISO9001 (under MA/SCM umbrella), ISO14001 (under TSS Bremer Road umbrella)
- Monitoring of emerging needs and requirements
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Education and Experience
- Four-yeardegreerequired, technical discipline strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in a quality or development lab environment
- Strong knowledge of hydraulic systems, components Data acquisition systems and controls
- Knowledge of electrical systems and circuit design
- Knowledge in working with Microsoft Office, Solid works 3D modeling, Siemens NX 3D modeling
- Compliance with quality, safety, environmental and customer-mandated procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to lead and deal with various personalities
- Ability to interact with cross functional teams
- Identify failure modes within sealing systems, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Strong understanding of hydraulic systems and components within hydraulic systems