We never stop working to make investing simpler and more successful for our clients. By promoting new ways of building software, you’ll optimize products and keep our Retail pillar improving at pace. Your work as a Product Test Engineer will not only give you true ownership of your products as you capitalize on a Lean Agile approach, it will change the way the world invests. Make it count.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides senior level of expertise. Builds effective relationships with the project’s business lead ensuring a collaborative environment is established. Leads facilitation of the team collaboration sessions leveraging BDD (Behavior Driven Design). Applies elicitation techniques, utilizes various modeling techniques such as process modeling, data modeling, system modeling, example mapping, to gather information at the right level of detail and scope to represent all of the stakeholder’s needs, and the ability to ask questions that lead to a succinct understanding of the business. Able to drive closure.
- Leads analysis, design and preparation of application/system specifications for information systems solutions which address business needs and methods for testing and installing them. Organizes, optimizes and sustain ATTD and project artifacts that define product baseline.
- Authors the project’s Test Strategy, as warranted, during the project’s planning phase or Sprint 0 and leads design and implementation of a detailed systems test plan to ensure an accurate and effective product. Applies Risk assessment methods to identify risk, probability, impact, and mitigate approaches.
- Ensures the test approach, for every functional requirement/story, is captured in the Feature Files. Challenges the team to automate testing at the lowest possible level ( unit, integration, or End-to-End).
- Collaborates with the team to develop and execute manual End-to-End test cases , and exploratory tests following the Test Case standards.
- Provides services to one large team or one to two smaller teams. Works primarily on critical business systems with large numbers of interfaces and users.
- Plays a significant role in development of Product Backlog, story prioritization.
- Supports Developers & Automation Engineers scripting the automated tests at ALL levels of the “test pyramid” (i.e. – Unit, Integration, and End-to-End system tests); may participate in the automated test code reviews.
- Leverages current the tool(s) and technique(s) used to automate acceptance tests and link them to requirements key controls (E. g – Cucumber).
- Assists the Developers & Automation Engineers identifying and/or provisioning system test data using homegrown tools or vendor products. Mentors staff with less experience and resolves complex issues elevated from them. Provides realistic estimates. Provides active participation in initiatives to deepen Shift Left maturity across their division.
- Sustains an ongoing investment in business acumen and product domain knowledge to ensure business needs are met for your project. Conducts research on emerging technologies, tools & techniques to efficiently certify software systems. Optimizes Gold regression test suite, Identifies opportunities and defines a strategy to automate existing manual test cases; Works with other teams to optimize testing across products.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- BS (Bachelor of Science) in Computer Science or related field.
- 5 years of business analysis experience, including 5 yrs of relevant testing experience, both manual and/or automated testing.
- Strong facilitation and elicitation skills, Strong interviewing, probing, influence skill, Active listener, strong interpreter and sharer of information.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communications skills, both written & verbal.
- Broad business process and product domain knowledge. Strong knowledge of the Finance/Investment Management industry.
- Strong knowledge of Agile/Lean software development principals.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong knowledge with several testing and collaboration tools or equivalent; Jira, Cucumber, Selenium, Appium, LeanFT, Protractor.
- Commitment to delivering the highest quality software systems on behalf of our clients.
- Proficient organizational and project management skills.
- MS (Masters of Science) in Computer Science or related field
- Proficient coding skills in the following scripting languages; Shell or Pearl
- General knowledge of mainframe tools and technologies
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.