Designs, develops, and implements testing methods and equipment. Plans and arranges the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices.
Troubleshoot failed circuits to component level and disposition repair procedures. Strong with analog and/or digital electronics and embedded systems.
Capable of using more advanced troubleshoot tools like the logic analyzer, boundary scan, and on-chip debugging.
Provides test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed. Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements.
• Maintain compliance to all aspects of Safety
• Proactively maintain a safe working environment
• Comply with audits
• Play an active role in assisting the team to meet quality objectives
• Promote a culture of 100% quality
• Maintain consistently high quality QD documents
• Takes part in quality investigations, including RCCA and 7-Steps, as determined by the QCE
TEST PROCESS EFFICIENCY
• Provide direct feedback to build and design processes
• Define and troubleshoot tooling
• Eliminate bottlenecks
• Increase utilization of test equipment
• Reduce inventory and maximize turnaround time
• Create, maintain and improve work instructions (e.g., test plans, OSOPs)
• Review and approve engineering changes
• Collaborate with other Process Owners to meet test process efficiency and compliance goals collectively
• Take park in ongoing collaboration regarding best practices and strategies
• Identify and communicate training needs and skills gaps in the teams, carrying out training and coaching as necessary
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Preferred Skills and Education