Position Summary and Responsibilities
In this position, you will:
- Develop test plans and utilize test automation where applicable to verify system performance. You will be responsible for executing the planed test processes to guarantee performance of OEM equipment, via adequate validation, sampling, and systematic verification of the specifications over ranges of temperature and/other ambient parameters.
- Develop plans for system reliability and agency regulatory certification testing associated with Teledyne LeCroy’s latest technology product release process. (Domestic and international product certifications such as UL, CSA, FCC, and LVD, EMC, RoHS, WEEE, REACH, etc. Directives for EC compliance.)
- Perform some of those tests in-house, (Various EMC and Safety test equipment including RF semi-anechoic chamber, Temp/Humidity chambers, Shock/Vibration equipment, Air-flow chamber, etc.), but since some of the tests cannot be performed in-house, you will coordinate them at an external test-houses (EMC and Safety compliance tests). You will be developing and leveraging those relationships to obtain optimal pricing and test scheduling.
- Analyze test data and third party test lab reports, and author clear and comprehensive compliance test reports and maintain industry standards documentation related to product certification.
- Be involved in reporting and tracking issues to the OEM vendors as well as reviewing any SW upgrade related to those products. You will provide technical guidance to external vendor on changes impacting the regulatory aspect of the product as well as its performance during all phases of the product life.
- Work closely with cross functional teams (Sales, Marketing and Product Development engineers) as well as third party partner companies and other Teledyne divisions to determine plans on products to be introduced as OEM.
- Periodically you will be asked to travel up to 33% of the time, but an average of about 2 weeks/quarter should be the norm.
We are looking for an engineer knowledgeable on testing HW from a performance prospective as well as from a reliability and certification prospective.
- This person should be capable of developing test SW so that the products in consideration could be tested with minimum amount of time. (C, Python, VB Script)
- The candidate shall have either some experience writing calibration procedures in a language such as METCAL, or some experience calibrating instruments against standards and programming repetitive measurements in a computer programming language.
- Notions of statistical analysis and knowledge on metrological concepts is a plus.
- A solid background as a hands-on test engineer performing EMI/EMC and Product Reliability tests as well as developing associated test plans, procedures and reports.
- Some knowledge of compliance testing of equipment and test methods such as, MIL-STD-810, Telcordia, UL/CSA, ASTM, FCC & IEC standards and global compliance standards including LVD, EMC, RoHS, WEEE, Battery and Packaging directives per CE Mark and international country specific approvals.
- Some experience coordinating test plans and performing testing to compliance requirements utilizing semi-anechoic RF chambers, Spectrum and EMC Analyzers, EFT/Surge Test Equipment, and various Product Safety test equipment.
- Familiarity with ISO9000 compliant processes is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Self-managed engineer capable of interacting and in some cases directing, Sales, Marketing, certification agencies and OEM vendors.
- Communication skills must be excellent as this role will be dealing with a verity of people from many different countries and cultures. Knowledge of foreign languages may be an advantage but are not necessary (Chinese, Italian, German are some examples)
- BSEE with minimum of 4 years’ similar experience; OR MSEE with minimum of 2 years’ similar experience