Nike+ Smart Sensing is the team within Nike that creates simple, disruptive products such as the Nike+ FuelBand. The Smart Sensing Test and Validation Team develops and executes Test Plans to demonstrate and validate innovative products with respect to reliability and durability to meet and exceed athlete expectations. We develop usage case based test plans to be executed in reliability labs to create reliability models of product performance. You will be executing and managing a variety of wear tests utilizing athletes to assess the durability of innovative products and technologies. You will also be asked to summarize results for communication to larger development teams.
The person will also be responsible for developing protocols to quantify accuracy of sensors in exercise or team sports environments. Understanding of human physiology and general health and fitness knowledge is big plus. The ability to schedule and manage a variety of testing plans and resources to meet overall project planning is needed skill in the role.
The ability to communicate salient results from testing in ways to be understand across wide audiences is required. Recipients of updates will have varied backgrounds, so the ability to tailor a message is extremely beneficial.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Human Physiology or Kinesiology.
• Basic Knowledge of Statistics and a willingness to learn advanced statistical methods is required.
• Use of Microsoft Excel and other MS Office Suite Applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Participation and contribution to cross-functional teams is required for success.
• Creativity with respect to develop plans and methods to achieve testing goals by leveraging other on campus resources to execute testing.
• Experience with operation of standard engineering lab equipment (instron, temp and humidity chambers, etc.).
• Experience with testing of human subjects.
• Understand of Design of Experiments and advanced statistical methods, including modeling.
• Experience with testing of human subjects and is very beneficial.
• Experience with use and debug of electro-mechanical prototype devices is very beneficial.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00347704