The Product and Technical Communications Specialist will develop BMW product and technology communication materials and programs including press kit, auto show materials, special statements and responses, and public presentations in harmony with the worldwide BMW voice, in collaboration with internal partners in Munich and BMW NA. He / she will also plan and implement product activities such as product launches, innovation/technology programs, Auto Show events and other actions in collaboration with internal partners in Munich and BMW NA to support and elevate brand values and messages.
The incumbent will function as a BMW spokesperson for product, technology, recall, or crisis communication inquiries. Individual spokespersons may be assigned as the lead spokesperson on specific topics. Moreover the Product and Technical Communications Specialist will collaborate on the development of the BMW product communications strategy, action plans, and budgets integrated into the overall communications plan and support the business objectives of increasing share-of-voice, consideration, and sales. He / she will be responsible for maintaining a knowledgeable external perspective of regional and global automotive news, competitive product information, competitor actions and external social and cultural environments for the purposes of internal planning.
The Product and Technical Communications Specialist is located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
• Company sponsored Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Employee car program
• 401(k) Savings Plan
• Retirement Income Account
What are you waiting for...apply today!
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Engineering, Journalism, Communications or English
- 5-7 years’ experience in automotive media press relations
- Relationship management skills for external customers
- Writing skills and public speaking ability
- Must be able to drive a manual transmission with high competency
- Car-control or advanced driver training credential
- Motorcycle license (or willingness to learn)