Job Purpose & Responsibilities
The Product Technologist, in the Process Engineering and Technology group, is a technical focal point to support maintaining and growing existing commercial product portfolio of key product lines. S/he will work closely with key customers, product managers (PM), commercial teams, procurement, manufacturing plants and other technology teams to promote commercial products in new customer/market/application, ensuring raw material surety of supply, manufacturing support, and customer technical support.
• Provide technical expertise for specific product lines or core product features. Good understanding of product portfolio and value propositions to help commercial team in promoting commercial products to new customers, applications and markets.
• Technical interface to manufacturing capabilities and plant asset strategy. Build connection between manufacturing, Asset Strategy teams and technology. Support manufacturing scale up or tolling as part of growth programs, manufacturing production capability translations, manufacturing investigation, productivity and cost-out solutions.
• Strategic planning with PM and Procurement to identity and prioritize risk mitigation actions to ensure raw material surety of supply.
• Work closely with PMs to develop the vision, technical roadmap and strategy of intellectual properties for owned product lines or effects.
• Provide technical guidance to support resolution of customer or manufacturing needs
• Work closely with PM on competitive landscape and competitive solutions benchmarking.
• Prepare technical documentation and reports of investigations
• Ph. D. degree in polymer science, polymer engineering or chemical engineering or other chemistry related major. Master degree in similar majors with 5+ year working experience in the industry of plastics.
• Good business acumen.
• Good project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects.
• Good communication skills
• Team player being able to drive cross-functional and global teams
• Ownership and Responsibility
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
SABIC Internal T&I Employees at grades 13-15 will be considered for this job. If T&I employee is selected for the role he/she will maintain his/her current grade and will be assigned work commensurate with their current grade.
External Hires and Non T&I SABIC employees will be placed on the SABIC Technical Career Ladder depending on experience level, degree and proven technical knowledge; and will be assigned work commensurate with that grade.
Desired Skill Desired:
•Previous experience on PBT, ABS, flame retardance, filler technology and blending technology with polycarbonate
•Knowledge of compounding of reinforced polymeric composites, filled polymers
•Six Sigma Green Belt or higher