Product Systems Analyst
This position will beresponsible for developing and maintaining electronic data capture process that accurately and quickly collects key item information and company details that allows the tracking of all inbound, in-process, and outbound material at Bunge manufacturing facilities including, but not limited to, components; ingredients; packaging supplies; processing aids; food grade lubricants; boiler additives andchemicals; finished package, bulk products and their rework.
• Identify gaps in manual legacy tracking system in use by Bunge Manufacturinglocations that make product tracking (finished product, rework, intermediate blends) slow or impossible to complete. Then map Critical TrackingEvents (CTE) and Key Data Elements (KDE) for each process line at Bunge manufacturing sites to address gaps and requirement to meet government and customer requirements.
• Develop and test an electronic tracking system to capture the CTE and KDE for each identified inbound, in-process, and outbound point deemed important for full product traceability as established by Bunge QMS Policies to compile to FDA Regulations. The electronic system must be compatible withSAP and processing PLC.
• Identify how the data captured electronically will be stored, reviewed, and communicated to appropriate Operations, Quality, and Regulatory departments within Bunge.
• Lead the effort within operations to implement the electronic tracking system to fully replace the legacy manual systems currently in use.
• Supports the operations group in implementing customer requirements around data tracking, lot tracing, andother customer related information system requirements.
• Identify and assist Bunge OVC in the communication ofrequired product information needed to meet shipme nt commitmentsrequired by a customer and government regulations.
•Responsible for keeping the electronic system within the guidelines of GS1 Standards and the government regulations pertaining to product traceability.
•Responsible to develop and establish the workflow and communications processes within Bunge to keep the electronic data capture system relevant to the Bunge activities and current with the materials being used at Bunge manufacturing facilities.
• Interacts with Operations, Engineering, Regulatory, and Quality leads on an ongoing basis with respects to activities and priorities. Works directly with IT teams supporting and implementing new software for ERP andother applications.
• Interacts closely with customer relations, sales, procurement, and technical support to meet customer requirements in product tracking information request.
• Manage the ongoing mapping process of each Bunge Manufacturing line for CTE and KDE points within that process.
• Discover and test equipment used to capture, store, andreport the primary elementsrequired for an accurate and rapid product tracking process.
• Communicate with Bunge Stakeholders – Plant Operations, Engineering, Regulatory, QA, Procurement, R&D, Innovations, and Supply Chain on activities and capabilities.
• Administration of the captured data withinSAP and thereporting functions.
• Interfacing with Procurement and Supply QA for existing or new vendors to insure proper information on the supplied material is being provided.
• Interfacing with third party data vendors andtrade associations to keep the Bunge electronic product data base current. Skills/Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in one of the following; Information Science, Engineering, and / or Food Science preferred.
• Five years’ experience in a plant material management position with a strong IT interaction.
• Engineering and food science experience would be a plus.
• SAP ERP and EWM experience is preferred.
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think analytically and learn quickly.
• Proficiency of basic computer logic systems and understand interactions of process equipment used to capture and interface data into ERP systems.
• Experience with current IT technology platforms used to gather data, interface this data into existing ERP and database systems.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to work in manufacturing and lab areas in a safe and productive manor.
• Travel expectations – 50 %