Who We Are:
Reformation is a fast-growing company that proves fast fashion and sustainability can coexist. With both our HQ and our own factory based in Los Angeles, we combine stylish, vintage-inspired designs with sustainable practices. We release limited-edition collections every week on our website and in our 20 brick and mortar stores.
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
Product Sustainability Manager
Reformation is looking for a brilliant Product Sustainability Manager to support our sustainable supply chain programs by advancing our environmental and social responsibility practices. They will engage with our suppliers to successfully trace product components to all stages of the global supply chain to ensure we are accountable for our impact and to substantiate Reformation policies and product claims. They will work with facilities to ensure successful execution of the HIGG Facility Environmental Moduleand on-site verification, and work with facilities on improvement plans. They will develop and implement chemical management strategies and manage our partnership with organizations like Bluesign. You will apply a data driven approach to enhance supply chain transparency, by focusing on data collection and analysis, systems evaluation, project management, and broad support to advance sustainability initiatives.
This team member is smart, highly collaborative and thrives in an ever-changing and fast paced environment. They are passionate about making a difference, have great attention to detail and like to tackle hard problems. They are eager and passionate about complex, global material supply chains and enhancing supply chain transparency and environmental and social performance.
Main Functions & Responsibilities:
- Build methodology and tracking tools for supply chain mapping to have better transparency and management of our raw materials partners
- Oversee all environmental audits; analyze assessment results and develop and communicate corrective action plans
- Roll out measurement and tracking of emissions, energy, water, and waste at all Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers; manage reporting to HIGG Facilities Environmental Module
- Collaborate with suppliers and identify key opportunities to reduce environmental impact and work with factories to create reduction plans and track progress over time
- Facilitate trainings for suppliers on key sustainability topics
- Develop and oversee Reformations’ chemistry standards and strategies, including RSL/MRSL, and participation in certification programs like OekoTex and Bluesign
- Work with Supply Chain team and suppliers to vet raw materials POs to ensure they meet our sustainability standards prior to bulk order and coordinate receipt of transaction certificates after PO is placed
- Help identify new developments in chemical, fiber and environmental standards to drive innovation and ensure successful program rollout
- Continuously monitor and report program status to key internal stakeholders, identifying upstream supplier networks and associated risks
- Monitor origins of each material where Reformation has made a policy or product claim, and provide verification when needed
- Execute supply chain policies, monitor due diligence processes, and provide data for reporting and customer facing messaging
- Support the management of various certifications, to ensure compliance with standards such as RDS, RWS, GRS, etc. This includes working with auditing organizations and determining requirements based on product claims
- Development of trend reports, risk analytics, and insights as well as standard data collection and analysis tools
- Grow and manage a Sustainable Supply Chain team as the business and programs scale
- BA or Master’s ideally with focus in environmental studies/engineering, material science or sustainability
- Minimum 5 years working in social or environmental sustainability
- Familiarity with environmental standards and organizations/tools including the Higg Index, OekoTex, ZDHC, Bluesign, etc.
- Understanding of apparel supply chain with experience working with factories in the US and abroad; social and environmental audit experience is a plus
- Ability to compare test results to specifications to determine proper adherence to standards
- Bilingual (English/Spanish/Mandarin/Turkish) is a plus
- Strong project management, organizational, and time management skills, along with ability to manage multiple tasks and follow through on deadlines/projects simultaneously
- Self-motivation and self-starter skills, proactive
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office suite and other data analysis and visualization tools