Tarkett North America (TNA) is seeking an experienced and strategic Product Sustainability Manager to join our successful and growing Sustainability and Environmental team. Reporting to the Director of Product Sustainability, she/he will work with internal and external stakeholders to execute Tarkett’s material health strategy and certification efforts for all product categories in North America. The role provides leadership on product sustainability using Cradle to Cradle and Life Cycle thinking to drive raw material optimization efforts for manufactured and sourced products. The role also helps ensure product regulatory compliance and supports brand marketing efforts related to the health impacts of Tarkett’s flooring products. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own C2C material assessment and optimization of products.
- Responsible for the EPD/LCAs for TNA products.
- Responsible for material ingredient reporting and material health tools (DECLARE, HPD, Material Health Statement (MHS), Material Health Certificates (MHC), etc.)
- Engage and influence external stakeholders connected to product transparency and public disclosure programs. Effectively advocate for Tarkett on multi-stakeholder committees
- Provide guidance on company and industry positions regarding engagement with various product transparency and public disclosure programs
- Deliver sustainability education and training materials for use by Sales and Marketing teams.
- Provide technical support to sales teams for sustainability related questions.
- Represent Tarkett on trade association and other organizations.
- Growth Mindset
- Purpose driven
- Results delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or environmental science
- Minimum experience of 5 years in environmental matters with a focus on eco-design, life cycle assessment
- Strong understanding of sustainability concepts, including life cycle thinking, cradle to cradle principles, and LCA methodologies
- Project Management Experience
- Passionate to speak internally and externally
- Strong problem solving in a team environment
- Commitment to continuous learning
Primary Location: North America-US-GA-Dalton EC
Other Locations: North America-US-OH-Solon
Job Type: Standard
Schedule: Full-time Travel Frequency: 25 to 50%
Job Number: 02745