Who Will Love This Job
- A problem-solver: You use your technical background and experience to solve difficult problems. You constantly look for areas of improvement and seek out solutions.
- A leader: You are someone people like working for and with. You share wins and successes with your team and lead our Analysts to build long-lasting and meaningful relationships with our customers. You foster open dialogue on the team and respect and value different points of view.
- A people person: You relate well to everyone and enjoy building relationships.
- A good listener: You practice attentive and active listening. You have the patience to hear people out.
- A patient person: You are tolerant with people and processes. You listen and check before acting. You try to understand the people and the problem before making judgments and acting.
- A customer service advocate: You are dedicated to enabling the success of our customers and make decisions with the customer's best interest at heart. You treat all customers respectfully.
What You'll Do
The Product Support Team Lead is responsible for growing and leading a Support Team that establishes customer advocacy and contributes to improving service delivery. This includes being responsive, considerate and passionate about customer success. Discipline, focus and organizational abilities are incumbent upon this role. This position primarily exists to support the Cherwell Analysts who serve our customers and the role ensures that Cherwell develops and retains customers through efficient resolutions. The Team Lead will provide training, mentoring, and consultation to Cherwell Support Analysts. This may include working to develop required skill-sets and disciplinary action within the team where appropriate. This position is also responsible for assisting customers directly, ensuring their issues are responded to in a timely fashion and resolved thoroughly.
The key responsibilities of this job include:
- Ensure Product Support Analysts are providing accurate logging of issues and resolutions in our software
- Manage and resolve escalations working with the appropriate teams
- Analyze performance of support activities and documented resolutions. Identification of trends, root-causes and the delivery of solutions to enhance the quality of service is incumbent upon the role
- Organize, direct and monitor daily activities of the Product Support Analysts and provide leadership in terms of the day-to-day activities
- Escalate problems when needed following Customer Support procedures and use advanced troubleshooting skills to gather appropriate data and convey concise problem information for internal service personnel
- Maintain communication with customers during the problem resolution process
- Maintain current knowledge of Cherwell products
- Resolve disputes between team members as well as training, coaching and mentioning analysts as needed
- Improve productivity by leveraging individual strengths - provides timely and direct feedback
- Manage resources and availability of services (phones and schedules)
- Setting clear team goals
What You Should Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or a related field; will consider any combination of education, work experience and technical interests
- 5 or more years of leadership and management experience
- 5 or more years of customer service skills
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and MS office
Nice to Have
- Understanding of relational databases and ability to troubleshoot them (tuning/indexing)
- Knowledge of, or experience with, SQL database technologies
- Knowledge of IIS installation and configuration
- 1 year of experience working in the Cherwell Support organization providing product support to customers. Relevant ITSM experience may also serve as qualifying
Good to Know
Cherwell Support is a 24x7x365 Operation.
- The hours for this position are a standard 40-hour work week
- This position may require on-call or after-hours duties