The position provides product sales support for the Mining and Classic Crusher Spares product line. The position actively supports the Market Areas and End Customers by providing quick and accurate responses to all questions and concerns. In addition, this position will play a key role in expanding the technical product knowledge through training and sales tool development. This position’s main purpose is to support and execute product management’s plans to help the Market Areas drive and grow Mining and Classic Crusher Spares sales.
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues and concerns.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers, distributors, and market areas.
- Maintains accurate records and communicates reliable information through detailed technical reports.
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes with the purpose of Market Area training and building an electronic knowledge base.
- Update and maintain installed base specifications including regeneration of parts books.
- Supports the Market Areas in customer warranty claim coordination, disposition, and analysis for Mining and Classic Crusher Spares.
- Performs studies on warranty claims to identify trends.
- Assists with identifying the appropriate parts required for design updates and conversions to existing installed base.
- Participate in on-site support when required by Market Area to assist in identifying and closing sales opportunities.
- Assist with sales tool development, such as technical sales sheets, associated parts, etc., to improve efficiencies and responsiveness.
- Assist with identifying and developing and implementing training programs for the Distribution Centers and Market Area personnel to improve upon their product knowledge to sell and support Mining Crusher Spares products.
- Review engineering change notices and assist with implementation occurs within the supply chain and market areas including SAP.
- Assist with material master maintenance, enrichment, and harmonization.
- Assist supply chain with cost reduction programs through alternative material analysis and specifications.
- Provide technical feedback to Product Management based on customer contact.
- Travel (both domestic and international) may be required as needed
- Performs other miscellaneous duties and/or other special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum 3 years experience in related industry and product experience.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Familiarity with mining and aggregate processing equipment and applications is an advantage.
Skills & Abilities
- Solid knowledge base with Metso services/aftermarket business and applications, the industry and the customers
- Business and relationship oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office is essential.
- SAP knowledge is a plus.
- Strong drive and performance orientation skills required
- Strong communication skills and the cooperative, interpersonal and presentation skills to manage internal and external interfaces
- Technically competent in knowledge of this specific product; able to read and interpret engineering drawings; possesses a strong mechanical aptitude
- Capable of effectively and accurately working on several projects at one time, organizing and prioritizing tasks, and working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to build and manage internal relationships, carry out negotiations and understand customer needs and market requirements
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear (effectively communicate verbally)
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb or balance
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Position requires visits to and movement through job sites, factories / shops, and othertravelexperiences including climbing of stairs, ladders, and scaffolds at jobsites / customer facilities
- Position requires use of keyboards, telephones, copiers, and telefax
- Friendly, respectful environment
- Challenging opportunities that contribute to the development and enhancement of Metso’s industry leading solutions
- Opportunity to work in a global community
- Pride in working for an industry leader in mining, aggregates, recycling and oil and gas (one of the top employers in Finland!)
- Competitive healthcare options, 401K matching, flexible work schedules, tuition reimbursement, and much more!