As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
We are looking for a full time Technical Product Support Subject Matter Expert 1 in Yarmouth, ME. You will serve as a knowledge leader, disseminate knowledge of products and services and develop the delivery of new product or new project information to the product support team including creating and delivering training material and creating content in the Knowledge base. You will utilize sound judgement in completing complex tasks and/or projects. The Product Support Subject Matter Expert serves as an expert consultant regarding products and services within a particular market or markets.
In this role, you’ll also be responsible for these essential functions:
- Develop, maintain and provide technical expertise and training in specific Garmin products and services
- Represent Consumer Product Support on the Engineering Change Order Board
- Serves as a knowledge leader and seeks out opportunities to distribute knowledge of products and processes with team members across the organization
- Investigate and deliver product information for new products and services to the product support team by creating or coordinating the creation of knowledgebase content and structure
- Creates, reviews and delivers training materials on time and with accurate and relevant information
- Identifies, communicates and resolves new product or process related issues effectively
- Reviews and assesses product support call and email data to provide actionable analysis to management
- Establish relationships and work collaboratively and professionally with team members across Garmin to achieve goals and objectives
- Be Tier I support for the web team and EOC with requests from billing and pro sales teams
- Tier III support for product support for inReach
- Do basic level SQL query
A Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university or a minimum of 4 years Garmin experience in Customer Care is required.
Qualified candidates for this role will possess the following education, experience and skills:
- Demonstrated outstanding performance with product support
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to determine actions needed based on data available
- Demonstrates a high-level of accuracy with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive new product information
- Driven problem solver with exception technical trouble shooting skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and effective interpersonal communication skills with a proficient ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner in a group setting
- Demonstrated proficient use of contact center systems including, but not limited to Kana IQ, ATLAS and JIRA
- Proficient using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to present solutions, issues and findings in both a concise written and oral format
- Ideal is experience with the inReach product
Candidates with project management experience preferred.