Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
- Experienced professional with proficient knowledge of job area and practical knowledge of project management. Communicates with contacts inside and outside of own department to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures. Works to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects with moderate impact on departmental results. Works under general supervision. May be responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area. May manage projects at this level with responsibility for the delegation of work and the review of others' work product.
- Support design, test and analysis tasks on electronic and electromechanical hardware including components, assemblies and modules.
- Perform unit and assembly level troubleshoot and technician training as needed by business demand.
- Work within a multi-functional team environment.
- Associates degree and 4+ years of related experience in RF Electrical Engineering. Experience to include:
- Must have working knowledge of RF & Analog circuitry.
- Ability to troubleshoot military radios and systems to component level and perform design changes to improve performance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Work with cross-functional teams to meet manufacturability, testability and other DFx requirements for volume production
- Perform occasional production troubleshoot and training technicians on product and debug methods
- Responsible for supporting existing military communication products and system designs in manufacturing and pre-release to manufacturing
- Work with obsolescence team to mitigate obsolete devices through redesign of sub-assemblies
- Support PSE & Design team to facilitate design changes prior to and during the launch of a new product
- Determine product and process improvements to increase test yields and product quality
- Responsible for conducting and supporting engineering tests and detailed experiments in support of customer applications
- Prepare periodic status presentations for management
- Prior manufacturing support a plus
- Production troubleshoot a plus
- Digital circuitry knowledge a plus