Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
What We Do
Teradata delivers business outcome led through technology-enabled solutions in the areas that matter most – from operational excellence and asset optimization to customer experience and product innovation, to finance transformation and risk mitigation. We work with leading businesses in over 75 countries worldwide. Our clients include many of the top performers and best-known brands in telecom, transportation, consumer packaged goods, financial services, and manufacturing. We focus on turning the most complex and challenging data sets into high-value assets that produce high-impact insights and tangible value for the business. We empower companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes. Our focus on business solutions for analytics, coupled with our industry-leading technology and architecture expertise, can unleash the potential of great companies.
What You’ll Do:
Teradata Product Support Engineers are key members of an expert team of support analysts, focused on delivering a myriad of deep-level technical support related assignments to both internal and external audiences. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the Teradata database and its associated tools and platforms along with the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Teradata products
- Work with internal and external customers to deliver technical analysis and solutions for Teradata product issues
- Recreate problems to assist with root cause analysis
- Interact with Engineering and peers to isolate product defects
- Adhere to Teradata Incident Management Process
- Treat every customer professionally and with respect; ensure positive customer experience and satisfaction
- Coordinate proper escalations, where needed, for unresolved issues
- Gain and maintain current knowledge of Teradata Customer Services Policies, Procedures, and Service offerings
- Create knowledge for new learnings
- Ability to work in a mission-critical, 24/7 environment
- Experience with LINUX and/or other OS environments
- Experience working in a geographically dispersed support team environment
- Ability to effectively share technical content
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and analytical ability
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Strong time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
Specific Skills You’ll Need for this Role:
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Knowledge Linux System administration
- Understanding of Network architecture
- Understanding of Network Troubleshooting
- Understanding of problem recreation techniques on Linux operating systems
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.