Job description, low-code style:
As the #1 low-code application development platform, OutSystems provides customers with everything they need to build apps incredibly fast. So, let’s cut to the chase. We’re looking for several Product Support Engineers to support our incredible global growth and ensure our customers have a smooth experience using our technology.
The longer story:
We're enlarging our Global Support operation (aka OutSystems Elite Squad), always ready to jump in and solve critical, complex technical challenges. We are looking for modern world Sherlock Holmes - people who get motivated by solving complex problems and proposing solutions others wouldn’t dream of, while at the same time contributing to the growth of OutSystems’ technology.
If you are a problem solver, someone inquisitive by nature, driven by curiosity to investigate and solve technical problems, this is the job for you
Challenges and Responsibilities:
As a Product Support Engineer, your day to day at OutSystems will look like:
- Troubleshoot platform related issues.
- Provide solutions and alternative approaches, negotiating with customers the best ways to overcome issues.
- Use logging and troubleshooting tools to identify performance bottlenecks and perform root-cause analysis.
- Bridge with R&D issues and defect priorities to be a part of our product’s continuous improvement process.
- Interact with many different people from different countries, backgrounds, and cultures, both internally and with customers.
- Degree in Engineering or other technology-related degrees (BSc, MSc).
- Tech savviness and drive to solve complex problems.
- Ability to deconstruct problems in smaller pieces.
- Interest in communicating with different cultures (fluency in English)
- Knowledge in troubleshooting Application Servers (IIS).
- Knowledge of Databases (SQL Server and Oracle, MySQL is a plus).
- Knowledge of network protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, DNS, SMTP, SSH.
- Experience in some of the technologies our engineers work with:
- .NET web apps (C#, ASP.NET)
- REST web services
- SOAP web services - XML, XSD
- Objective C, iOS Apps, XCode
- Android Studio
What we have to offer you:
We are dedicated to making sure you have all you need and more:
- Training: Have you never worked with the OutSystems platform? Don’t worry; we will train you! We have a structured ramp-up in which we give you all the technical training and context you’ll need to become an expert.
- Growth: We care about your career development. It is why you will have the chance to grow your skills and professional expertise and, at the same time, have the needed guidance to design your career or even join a different team within the company.
- Challenges: A reliable company that keeps growing, changing and innovating, giving people room to be proactive and creative.
- Great minds: Work environment of smart, hardworking Engineers ready to push through and make a difference!
Working at OutSystems
We don’t have many rules, but we have a lot of common sense. Our commitment to our culture is highlighted in The Small Book of the Few Big Rules, written by our Founder and CEO, Paulo Rosado. This commitment to culture has landed us in the top six Forbes Best Cloud Computing Companies and CEOs To Work For three years running.
- Disrupting the status quo is in our DNA. In fact, it’s why our company exists
- We ask “why” a lot. It helps us connect our individual work to the bigger picture, and sometimes even uncover a better way
- Our offices are great places to be, but will never be the stuff of future tech mockumentaries. We’re much more down-to-earth than that
Our software platform is revolutionizing how organizations build and deliver business-transforming applications. OutSystems is one of the fastest growing B2B software companies in the world, with a base .
- Recognized as a leader in our market by top analyst firms, like Forrester and Gartner
- Winner of multiple industry awards, including the prestigious CODiE award
- Loved by customers who have voted us the best low-code software platform (Gartner Peer Reviews, TrustRadius, and G2 Crowd)