Teradata Product Support Engineers are key members of an expert team of support analysts, focused on delivering a myriad of deep-level technical support related assignments to both internal and external audiences. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the Teradata database and its associated tools and platforms along with the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for providing deep level technical support. Technical lead on escalated problems within the product line. Perform in-depth problem analysis. Analyze files and system dumps for the root cause. Identify and document new product defects. Provide new and/or known solutions/workaround to problems. Perform system recovery for down or inaccessible systems. Collaborate and/or escalate with other work groups including Engineering and 3rd party product providers.
- Knowledge Management and related activities. Create and/or validate knowledge content for accuracy, relevancy, and currency. Create and maintain Technical Alerts and other related technical artifacts. Create defect tracking tickets. Lead and/or participate on teams focused on creating technical bulletins, procedures and support process (Change templates, FRO bulletins, Service bulletins, Support tools). Development and enhancement of problem scenario reporting rules and associated knowledge.
- Product / Problem Analysis: Ability to analyze data, establishes trends, validate baselines and identify outliers. Ability to summarize data, summarize the findings and explain the rationale.
- Interface into other organizations (internal and external). Ability to maneuver cross-organizationally. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and ability to deliver succinct and concise presentations.
- Mentoring of other resources.
Skills & Attributes
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong facilitation and team organizational skills
- Strong technical knowledge
- Ability to multi-task simple to complex problem troubleshooting
- Strong analytical abilities
- Experience in high-performance computing environments
- BS in Computer Science or another technical discipline
- 5-8 years of enterprise technical support experience
- 1+ years of experience with Teradata products or knowledge of Teradata products
- Experience diagnosing technical issues and troubleshooting skills
- Practical knowledge in installation and upgrade processes
- Cultural awareness
- Technical knowledge of Viewpoint, Data Mover and Ecosystem
- Working experience of SUSE LINUX operating systems
- Experience with Teradata upgrade and support tools
- Experience analyzing data
- Closed Loop/Corrective Action experience
- Experience with application programming
- Association with a development environment