Product Support Eng Supv
Apply Now Businesses UTC Aerospace Systems Job ID 60646BR Date posted 02/07/2018 City Phoenix State Arizona CountryUS
Position Purpose/Objective:(Provide a brief description of the responsibilities and accountabilities for this position. Indicate the size of the organization reporting to this position, directly and overall. Describe operational, marketing, or technical responsibilities).
The Product Support Engineering Supervisor is responsible for ensuring exceptional product support of the Interior’s Evacuation Slide products, which includes on aircraft evaluations, training, entry into service support; field deployments, field issues root cause and corrective actions, and general technical support questions to the end customer. This position will have direct reports and provides leadership, guidance, and direction to the Field Service Engineering Team. The Product Support Engineering Supervisor fosters and grows end-use operator relationships in conjunction with the UTAS Field Service Representatives (FSR), UTAS Customer Support Managers (CSM), and the UTAS Customer Response Center (CRC). The Product Support Engineering Supervisor’s team is responsible for monitoring and controlling reliability performance of fielded product and providing a feedback loop into the design organization.
List the major position responsibilities in order of priority. (This description is intended to be only a general outline of major responsibilities. It is expected that the employee performs these and any other activities which may be assigned or which may occur in the normal course of work. It is also expected that the employee be available to work hours in excess of 40 per week.)
- Supervises a staff of Product Support Engineers with a wide range of evacuation slides.
- Provide leadership and oversight to ensure timely and accurate creation of all product service documentation and delivery of product training to meet and exceed business and customer expectations.
- Investigate airline evacuation slide system problem reports and identify systems and component issues and escapes to Evac Engineering to drive timely resolution
- Ensure product service documentation (e.g. Service Bulletins, Service Information Letters) are create accurate and clearly communicated to all necessary parties
- Ensure the team is gathering reliability data from the field and supporting investigations into warranty claims.
- Deploy the necessary resources to support the business and ensure the correct staffing level are in place support the departments workload
- Develop standard work for the department and continue to drive improvements leveraging the ACE tools to help increase department efficiencies.
- Work with the department to integrate the Customer Response Center’s (CRC) standard tools and support 24/7 product support efforts.
- Provide Engineering support to the UtAS Global Network of service centers (Global Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) centers.
- Responsible for oversight on small projects or multiple tasks within functional discipline.
- Provides resolution of issues and monitors integration of work
- Drives continuous improvement for development engineering processes and uses ACE tools to improve the department and streamline department procedures
- Ensures the use of UTAS Product Introduction (UPI) tools in new product development when applicable
- Reviews technical concepts of projects to ensure customer, regulatory, assembly, and manufacturing requirements are met
- Supports development and management of department budgets.
- Work with the otherEngineering departments to ensure lessons learned and product improvement ideas are implemented in new system designs.
- Audits work area for safety compliance.
- Adheres to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct.
- Performsother duties asrequired.
Education Required: List the minimum educational requirements or equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired. Include required certifications and/or professional credentials. Please indicate years of experiencerequired, in lieu of education (if applicable).
BA/BS engineeringdegree (ABET-accredited University) (Mechanical Engineeringpreferred).
MBA – strongly recommended but not required
Experience Required:Indicate the minimum years of experience and type of experiencerequired to effectively perform the essential functions and responsibilities of this position.
Direct Supervisor Responsibilities for at least 1 years
Experience in Aerospace Product Support with at least 5 years
BA/BS Engineeringdegree with 5+ years’ experience
MA/MSEngineeringdegree with 3+ years’ experience
- 1 year supervisory experience (preferred)
- 5 Years experience
- Strong Leadership skills
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Knowledgeable in customer communication in a technical setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to present information to all levels of management and leadership
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high pace environment
- Knowledge of commercial aerospace industry, demonstrated airline interaction experiencepreferred
- Experience in aerospace engineering design and manufacturing environment is desired
- Knowledge of commercial and/or military specification is desired
- Understanding of commercial and/or military aerospace design protocol is desired
- Experience with aerospace certification and qualification requirements is desired
Education: BA/BS engineering degree (ABET-accredited University)
MBA – strongly recommended but not required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.