Eurofins Panlabs is committed to assisting clients achieve drug discovery success by providing comprehensive data. We are the most experienced pharmacology service company, in continuous operation for over 40 years, while setting the benchmarks for quality, convenience, and expertise. Our legacy includes: concurrent controls run with every experiment, a historical database on assay performance, industry experienced professionals that assist in study design and data interpretation, and eCTD compatible data reports.
Eurofins Panlabs is searching for a Product, Strategy & Marketing Manager for our Phenotypic & Translational Services to work in St. Louis, MO or Burlingame, CA.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic individual with in-depth knowledge of immunology and cell-based assays in drug discovery. The successful candidate should have a good understanding of the drug discovery industry, small molecule and biologics research and current trends in target based and phenotypic screening throughout the drug discovery and development pipeline.
The position is a marketing position that will lead the product line strategy (currently inclusive of Eurofins' BioMAP, OncoPanel, and Immunosignal platforms), provide market leadership in the development of commercialized products, portfolio lifecycle management, revenue, marketing, pricing, and sales support objectives. The candidate will have strong technical knowledge and experience with product management of translational phenotypic services used in drug discovery.
Product, Strategy & Marketing Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
· Recommend and help establish activities related to Service innovation for Eurofins Pharma Discovery Services (EPDS) globally
· Analyze market trends, perform complex value chain analysis
· Analyze competitive landscape
· Analyze potential business opportunities, license opportunities, potential investments & strategic partnerships
· Provide strategic consultative, technical advice to senior management and decision-making committees
· Proactively identify strategic business growth and investment opportunities, globally
· Evaluate value proposition vs. other technologies, scale opportunities in terms of value and margin
· Identify key success factors
· Ability to build business cases
· Maintain and develop key contacts with industry leaders, decision makers, and key academic research institutions
· Ability to represent EPDS services at external events (e.g. tradeshows, client visits)
· Results orientated and ability to track progress against KPIs
· Create and maintain consistent global best practices.
· Assist in long-term planning and product diversification; including evaluation of potential licensing and OEM opportunities.
· Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
· Regular attendance and punctuality
· Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
· Performs other duties as assignedServes as the portfolio champion and leads with internal stakeholders and key team members
· Develop plans to position portfolio to appropriate customer segments, provide feedback on competitive landscape, analyze market opportunities and customer needs to define new opportunities and provide input to R&D regarding new product development and ancillary support product needs.
· Branding, strategic marketing, and leads nurturing of the Translational Phenotypic business
· Manages product lifecycle and participates in innovation projects of the Translational Phenotypic services portfolio
· Develops and executes global marketing campaign strategies and programs to achieve stated objectives regarding revenue and market share including branding and multi-channel marketing strategies.
· Assemble data and prepare compelling and accurate technical slide presentations, case studies and white papers for use in marketing and sales activities
· Help edit scientific publications, abstracts and posters
· Maintains close interaction with sales organizations through training and active participation in the sales process, including customer visits, pricing tactics, and customer support
· Participates in strategic road mapping and recommends new products and services to the business team as part of revenue growth tactics and strategies
· Demonstrates solid leadership skills and ability to gain consensus and influence process
· Develops go-to market launch and communication strategy; executes related tactical plan and reports related ROI metrics of assigned portfolio
· Acts as lead voice of customer research, product and services definitions, product and services features, performance requirements and tradeoffs, product value proposition and business case for new services
· Performs quantitative and qualitative market analysis, monitors industry trends and competitive landscape with the ability to translate customer insights into strategic and tactical marketing plans
· Works with clients, business development partners, and thought leaders as well as inside the organization cross functionally with sales, operations, and management to successfully grow the business
· Defines and drives all marketing activities including branding, messaging, and positioning across all channels that includes comprehensive marketing campaigns leveraging across channels to create the buyer's journey
· Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timeliness
· Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required
· Update and manage data report templates, FAQs, product updates
· Provide organizational, logistical and scientific marketing support for participation in global conferences and tradeshows
The ideal candidate would possess :
· Technical background in translational medicine, immunology, safety pharmacology, ADME, and/or toxicity preclinical studies as related to drug discovery preferred
· Ability to understand and translate customers' needs into future product development
· Ability to work independently as well as in strategic team settings
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to drive and achieve desired objectives
· Experience with technologies and instrument platforms commonly used in drug discovery
· Demonstrated experience working within a life science tool markets, Contract Research Organization or Pharma R&D
· Prior international business experience
· Demonstrated experience in bringing innovation to commercial state applicable for a products-based business.
· Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
· Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline
· 5+ years' experience in strategic marketing and/or product management
· Demonstrated expertise and knowledge in the drug discovery market with understanding of the served and total markets available
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship