Looking to continue building your career at MSK? Passionate about making a difference? We have an exciting new opportunity to work with a creative multi-disciplinary team!
We are looking for a Product Strategist who is strategic, passionate, and mission-driven to be responsible for the development, from conception to launch, of novel programs and product offerings as part of the Strategy & Innovation team. The Product Strategist will play a leading role at the intersection of Business Strategy, Technology, and User Experience in alignment with MSK’s strategic objectives and mission.
Strategic Opportunities and Product Vision
- Drive and define the vision for new products and offerings with a focus on designing services that customers love and the market values with purview across technology, business, markets, customers, and the organizational strategy.
- Translate key market/industry/technology trends, competitive intelligence, business/mission-driven strategy, and customer needs into impactful and innovative products.
- Focus on end-to-end product experiences (business strategy, service, experience, digital) with consideration to how digital tools and services connect and knit together.
- Validate ideas, find market opportunities, design solutions, challenge assumptions, run experiments, present to stakeholders, and collaborate with the full product team to make new products a reality.
- Create clarity out of ambiguous problem spaces, quick to focus the team’s effort in the most valuable direction
Partner Relationship Management
- Institute streamlined processes to capture feedback from users on an ongoing basis.
- Forge strong relationships and connect with key organizational partners at all levels.
- Act as an advocate for the team and its work, both inside and outside to partners.
- Work closely with technology division and development teams to ensure alignment and successful product delivery, especially during product development and launch but also while driving evolution and expansion of product offerings.
- Ensure that the product team is working closely with potential end-users (clinical, research, and administrative staff) to understand their needs and incorporating feedback from customers, partners, and other in-house teams into the product strategy as appropriate.
- Foster concepts and practice of health equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout the definition and development of products and offerings.
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) and provide deep knowledge of product strategy to team members, senior leadership, and other project stakeholders
Product Management and Oversight
- Lead definition of overarching product strategy including go-to-market plans and the business plan for new products including value proposition, evaluation of markets, product pricing, and positioning.
- Own the discovery and ideation phase of new product development, contribute to prioritizing and prototyping exercises and work with team members to plan work
- Build and maintain product roadmaps, lead and carry out product and usability testing, define success measures for products, measure product performance, and coordinate creation of all project documentation.
- Lead a cross-functional team, including researchers, designers, business analysts, and data scientists, through all phases of new product development, setting the direction for products and offerings
- Define and continually improve team workflows and core methods. Identifies dependencies, critical paths, and landmarks for projects.
- 5-7 years of experience as a Product Owner/Manager, or Strategist in a clinical setting at a healthcare organization or digital health company preferred
- Analytical approach, superb communication/presentation skills (including data visualization), strong partner management, keen to mentor/provide guidance
- Cultivator of innovation and innovation mindsets, building and fostering new ways for the organization to be successful through complex problem solving
- SAFe methodology or previous AGILE development cycle experience desired.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree