at POSSIBLE New York
Who we are:
We’re a tight-knit team in NY backed by the support of a global agency. We’re into giant conceptual thinking as much as we are finely crafted deliverables, thought and re-thought and then filtered through strategy and the power of data.
You’ll like it here if you’re more interested in collaborating with the world around you than forcing it to bend to your will. We’re small enough that you have to act, have ideas, and make things. Though not required, it also helps if you can dance, or at least tell a good joke.
Who we are looking for:
The Product Strategist will focus on developing core insights that lead to compelling digital strategies for clients. Through consumer and market research, creative briefs, idea conception and social/mobile ecosystem development, the Strategist plays a key role in driving innovation and ideas for new and existing clients. The ideal candidate is passionate about the digital space, has an innate curiosity about consumer behavior, and is a strong storyteller and presenter – selling through strategies to both agency and client teams. We are looking for smart, engaging personalities that want to join a growing team and help define the future of an agency.
What you’ll do:
- Be a leader. Someone who is able to inspire and lead clients and teams.
- Be someone who clients and teams can turn to in order to answer "what now" and "what next".
- Can design and facilitate workshops with client teams - and knows the techniques required to drive effective outcomes.
- Own the full Customer Journey and understand how to use this to affect change on the overall service.
- Know how to identify a problem or a potential opportunity as it relates to creating a new product or service.
- Understand the problem space and develop methods to frame problems (creating a problem space). This includes understanding how to write How Might We.. statements.
- Guide the development of customer insights that the team can use to develop a unique / novel approach to solving the problem (that leads to a unique and valuable solution).
- Develop value props from insights that articulate and connect “why this problem, why this customer, why this solution”.
- Help translate and articulate this to the team in a clear way in terms of what it means for the work we will do.
- Understand an idea / solutions potential and know how to evaluate its potential: impact to metrics, its potential demand by customers, it's potential value to the business.
- Help team design solution / sets of solutions (using value props and insights) and a way to evaluate / validate these.
- Work with UX/UI, Content and Dev to Prototype & validate potential solution(s) with customers.
- Understand various testing & validation methodologies and MVP concepts and knows how to design validation experiments.
- Understand how to roll out and onboard customers (not just acquisitions and activation but also the higher level positioning aspects of putting a product in market).
- Develop a product’s vision and roadmap that will guide where you want to go yet is also flexible with how to get there while being honest about what you don’t know and assumptions you’ve made that need to be confirmed by customers.
- Understand various roadmap frameworks and philosophies and know how to apply them (crawl, walk, run / skateboard, bike, car / #now, #next, #later).
What you’ll need:
- 4-5 years overall experience, including digital marketing and traditional planning.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills - able to work in an autonomous environment.
- Highly collaborative; team player; experience working with big brand clients.
- Able to build compelling strategic stories from a variety of inputs and information.
- Comfortable working with creative, account and analytics teams.