This role will develop and lead implementation of an integrated Product Stewardship program with a focus on strategies and best practices to ensure product stewardship-related regulatory compliance. serve as company subject matter expert in Global Product Stewardship including topics such as hazard communication, Safety Data Sheet, authoring, GHS product labeling, TSCA, REACH, SCIP, RoHS, POP, Prop 65, Poison Control, Packaging Act, Battery Directive, and other country specific chemical regulations and supplier product regulatory management.
- Ensure regulatory compliance including any required declarations or registrations of company products used in various applications
- Proactively track and understand regulations impacting company products
- Conduct impact assessments as warranted in response to new/revised regulations to determine appropriate actions that will assure continued compliance, ensuring appropriate communication to key stakeholders.
- Lead the development of Product Stewardship standards, systems, processes, and business strategies.
- Ensure product portfolio is risk assessed (health, safety, environmental and liability exposures), including routine risk assessments for NPD projects.
- Regularly communicate results of risk analyses and regulatory developments to business leaders.
- Create and provide customers with compliant product safety information (SDS, Safety Bulletins, compliance statements, etc.), enabling them to use company products safely in their intended applications.
- Respond to customer product stewardship inquiries with accurate and timely responses.
- Conduct auditing to confirm our performance and compliance against program metrics and goals, internal company requirements, and regulations to drive continual improvement
- Guide efforts to identify and implement consistent best practices to drive efficiency and effectiveness across the program
- Develop key metrics to evaluate the program’s performance related to addressing product risks, program alignment with other business functions, regulatory and customer requirement
- BS in a Science or related discipline required
- 8+ year of Product Stewardship experience
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing, chemical or oil/gas industries.
- Experience with GMP quality program is preferred
- ability to travel 5 to 15% of the time