Position Title: Product Specialist
Position Number: 270856
Location: Peoria, IL
Desired Skill Set:
Engineer, Engineering, Production Support, Trouble Tickets, Troubleshooting
Job Title: Dealer Solution Engineer
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Peoria, IL 61629
· Responsibilities Serve as the first point of contact for our dealer Technical Communicators (TC’s), worldwide, requiring assistance with product health management for all products.
· The Dealer Solution Engineer (Tier 1) provides the dealer with interim and permanent repair information to restore product functionality.
· They manage Service Requests (SR’s) and process according to the DSN “Common Practices”.
· This includes assigning appropriate priority, provide “triage” on product health events, record accurate information for future reference (including Incident reporting), investigate documented information, advice on dealer repairs, escalate to subject matter experts (Tier 2) as needed, facilitate problem resolution between dealer and personnel, and manage the SR to ensure timely resolution.
· Also, recognize emerging product problems and make recommendations to service engineering on moving forward with product problem investigation.
· Support the DSN process partners (Dealer TC’s, Tier 1''s, and Tier 2''s) by assisting individuals and providing constructive input to improve the process.
· Data accuracy is critical as it is utilized to support corporate quality initiatives.
· Good English communications skills (both oral and written) are essential.
· Typing and multiple language skills are a plus.
· Work-hours flexibility required to provide adequate 24/7 coverage between worldwide service centers.
· Candidate will assist in product health issues in the shop or field.
· This position will help with resolution or assign to the subject matter expert.
· Working hours are 7:30-4:00.
· Most of time will be spent at desk with a few meetings here and there.
· Will be on the phone frequently with outside dealers and product groups .
1-3 years of product support related experience or other equivalent job experience.
This could include an accredited engineeringdegree, related technical degree, or other equivalent experience
*1-3 years experienceworking with machines and can troubleshoot problems required.
CAT experience HIGHLY DESIRED.
1. Technology aptitude and analytical skills required (specific experience in technology systems such as Product Link, VIMS, Cat Grade Control - Software, Hardware, the Software in the Hardware and the systems / components as it pertains to Telematics use desired) .
2. Mechanical aptitude required
3. Understanding of the dealer product supportnetwork HIGH DESIRED
4. Strong customer focus to resolve product health issues required
5. Good oral and written communication skills required
6. Ability to navigate key product support information systems HIGHLY DESIRED
7. Good print-reading skills.
· Computer proficiency to navigate multiple applications;
· ability to find information using multiple databases and search tools including: CDIM, DSN, SISWeb, SIMSi, TMI, QRWB, PRWB, EDS, etc..;
· Applied Failure Analysis training;
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.