The Service Management Specialist will enforce and administer the KCS PTC governance processes. This may include release scheduling, review of changes, validation of configurations for multiple applications and devices and environment management across the PTC Segments (Locomotive, Signal, Communications and Back Office). The position will apply basic project management methodologies and tools to consistently manage technical and physical configurations and changes to these configurations.
- Implements, leads and administers Service Management functions such as Change, Configuration, Release Management across business domains in the PTC environment.
- Ensures that all assets in service are accurately identified and interrogated to the level of detail necessary to support the integrity of the CMDB and related processes
- Uses a structured, phased approach manage changes to the PTC system(s) consisting of 1) Preparing for change, 2) Managing change, and 3) Reinforcing change management
- Reinforces the change management discipline by continuously collecting and analyzing process data, diagnosing areas for improvement, and implementing corrective actions.
- Coordinates environment planning, building, and system software and configuration updates within the PTC Testing Infrastructure
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, preferably in Computer Science or technical discipline
- Five (5) years of experience in configuration, change and/or release management practices, preferably in a medium to large organization across multiple teams leveraging ITIL practices
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- ITIL Foundation Certificate, Practitioners Certificate and/or Managers Certificate
- IT technical environment management, problem management and deployment management experience