The Product Sales Specialist will be accountable for achievement on vendor specific revenue growth, profitability, rebate objectives and quality service metrics.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required:
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators that support corporate initiatives including, but not limited to monthly sales goals, customer breadth, renewals and rebate objectives
- Focus on account growth and development and expanding product mix and customer share
- Engaging Tech Data's inside and outside field organizations to educate and promote vendor programs, provide sales support and assist in closing opportunities, as well as liaise with other departments on behalf of customers.
- Aggressively identify, track and close bid and renewal opportunities
- Independently and directly engage with customers in order to solidify business relationships and thorough understanding of their challenges and opportunities, as well as uncover new opportunities to increase revenue and profitability.
- Develop relationships with main vendor representatives and represent or accompany the vendor at customer functions, road shows, training, etc (as required)
- Remain knowledgeable and up to date on all essential vendor programs, technologies and products as well as participate in the development and presentation of sales and customer training
- Outbound calling projects including communicating special offers and promotions to customer base
Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities and Working Conditions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the specialized or technical knowledge, skills and related experiences. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have Preferred Educational level: Post Secondary Education University degree
Type of work experience:
Sales of Information Technology Products to Resellers Sales of Software products and solutions to resellers or end users
Years of experience in the industry: 3-5
Other related experiences:
- Outbound calling
- Reseller interfacing
- Strong understanding of information technology and systems
- Follow up skills, good communication
- Recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Special Training Required:Tech Data Desktop tools Vendor sales and technical Certifications The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Revenue, GP, and Rebate Attainment
- Profitability Performance Report Card
- Market share objectives
- Continuous Sitting and/or standing in the same location
- Standing and/or walking in the same location
- Concentrated attention to multiple tasks
- Located in a comfortable indoor area
- Exposed to pressure from deadlines
- Work is repetitious or unchanging.