Your role as a Cisco Product Sales Specialist is to help the sales teams close net new business and retain the existing customer base which you are assigned to. As a Cisco Product Sales Specialist, you are responsible for all opportunities and accounts assigned to you in the segment which are likely to fall across a myriad of industries. This responsibility requires the management of both pre and post-sales support resources throughout sales campaigns.
The Cisco Product Sales Specialist team is responsible for all customers and opportunities in their segment across Frontier’s business. They fulfill a vital role of leveraging leads provided by Marketing, handling different kinds of sales scenarios and ultimately closing sales opportunities. The Product Sales Specialists main goal is to turn as many opportunities into closed-won deals as possible. Once an opportunity has been closed, the Cisco Product Sales Specialists job is to help manage the initial phases of post-sales support and ensure implementation is set up accordingly. This is achieved through the support of additional resources - such as Pre-Sales Technicians and Sales Engineers – whose goal is to help you close the deal.
How does the Product Sales Specialist generate value for customers?
- Gain a deep understanding of the prospect or customer’s processes and problems
- Ensure the right questions are being asked and answered
- Obtain qualitative and quantitative data which can be leveraged by the sales support team to identify the right solution(s)
- Justify all investments through compelling and customer-focused business cases
- Determine next steps and turn strategic discussions into tactical implementations
What makes a great Cisco Product Sales Specialist?
Customer Focused: Approaching all opportunities through the lenses of the prospect or customer
Strategic: Able to prioritize and manage multiple accounts within a region
Insightful: Pays attention to details and can bring unique value on every customer interaction
Resourceful: Able to overcome obstacles and barriers to find appropriate sales solutions
revenue and build a pipeline working both on tactical and strategic level on accounts in your sales territory.
Key requirements for this role include:
- Experience selling Cisco solutions and solid familiarity with the Cisco portfolio of collaboration products including Cisco Unified Communications Manager, TelePresence, Jabber and WebEx conferencing.
- A solid foundation with Cisco networking products including switching, routing, wireless and security appliances.
- The ability to present technology to key business decision makers in non-technical terms.
- The ability to think outside the box and overcome objections.
- Advancement within Frontier sales organization.
- Positions within sales management, product marketing, sales operations and sales enablement.
Why consider this role?
- Participate as a member of a world-class sales organization who is a leader in their markets
- Be an integral part of a robust pre-Sales support team that includes local Sales Engineers, Regulatory, Field Operations, Product Management, Sales and Service Technicians, and a robust partner network – all motivated to help you win the deal
- Work for a successful leader in high performance communication technology industry with a positive track record of providing great solutions for our customers.
- Become a key member of your community through not only what you sell, but also your participation in community activities
- Experience income and career growth potential within an S&P Fortune 500 company who continues to grow
- Receive benefit of a centralized marketing organization providing highly qualified leads
- Benefit from a customized B2B selling process that includes Sales Aids, guidance, a Playbook, and a tightly linked CRM.
- Collaborate with peers and management around ways to continually improve the sales organization
- Identify customer needs and effectively understand and respond to customer objections
- Connect client’s business objectives with Frontier offerings and solutions
- Negotiate and close as many sales campaigns as possible
- Provide guidance on customer and prospect strategic initiatives
- Provide expertise around particular areas of interest to discuss industry best practices and development of high level strategies
- Retain current customer base and expand footprint through cross/up sell opportunities
- Effectively sell our comprehensive solution of high speed broadband, advanced voice products, satellite video and personal online and data security solutions across a wide range of industries
- Assist the customer in maximizing the return of their investment with Frontier
- Be proactive in all aspects of opportunity development
- Build and expand relationships with Economic Buyer in prospect and customer accounts
- Establish yourself as a ‘Trusted Advisor’ to the prospect or customer
- Bring net new and innovative ideas to the both internal team and the customer
- Assist in creating an environment of team work and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence (i.e. strong business acumen)
- Partner with sales and additional pre-sales engagement members to align goals and ensure ongoing refinement
- Proactive in adopting sales best practices and a leader in process adherence
- Win sales campaigns after they have progressed past needs development by developing reasons for prospects to act
- Ability to gain customer loyalty by serving as a trusted advisor
- Can demonstrate market and industry knowledge and recognizes changing market trends
- Driven to understand new products and solutions and integrate new product solutions into existing campaigns
- Displays ability to create new demand by proactively brining new points of view to target account
- Can identify and articulate customer value proposition and links solutions to the customer strategy
- Strives to lead peers in knowledge acquisition, adopting new sales strategies and tactics produced by corporate and integrating new ideas from sales force effectiveness industry into cadence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders
- Highly persuasive
- Highly resourceful when need to overcome barriers and objections
- Ability to communicate with all levels within customer/prospect’s organization
The ideal candidate will:
- Have successfully completed Cisco’s “Selling Business Outcomes” course and passed the required exam.
- Have 5+ years selling or designing Cisco solutions.
- Have a Cisco CCENT or CCNA certification or comparable experience.
- Candidate must have a valid State driver’s license and clean driving record.
- 5+years previousbusiness-to-businessexperiencein one or more of the following areas with a documented track record of success:
- Complex and Consultative Sales Environment
- Selling individual products and integrated complex communication solutions throughout an organization
- Communications industry experience(s) a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent requiredBachelor's preferred.