Less than 5 years
Posted 234 days ago
We need someone in the area with inside sales experience in metals. They need two.
Position Title Product Sales Specialist - Inside Sales - Tool Steel
Location Sterling Heights Michigan
Producer of tool steels for plastic molds, die cast and forging dies and other tooling applications.
Due to the rapid growth they are looking for a strong Product Sales Specialist.
Applicants must have a strong background in sales. Knowledge of and experience with tool steel preferred.
Responsible for, but not limited to the following:
* Respond to customer inquiries, orders and requests for information in a timely manner via phone, fax, and e-mail.
* Follow up with customers on all communications. Support with technical information as required. Work to upsell and cross-sell customers on additional products.
* Source material for quotes and orders.
* Turn customer purchase orders into work orders quickly and accurately and submit them to the shop.
* Support the roll out of new product development and process technologies.
* Work collaboratively with sales, operations and other personnel in supporting company goals.
* Participate actively in following and promoting the company's values, mission, and safety culture.
* Perform other duties as deemed necessary.
* 3-5years sales experience in metals industry.
* 2-year college degree or greater preferred.
* Knowledge of tool and die steels preferred
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Proficient computer skills. Word and Excel. Familiarity with ERP Systems a plus.
* Ability to develop relationship with customers and vendors.
* Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Must be self-directed, motivated and results oriented, with a strong desire to succeed.
* Ability to solve problems and implement solutions in a timely manner.
* Strong math and deductive reasoning skills.
Bottom line requirements we need someone with:
1. 3+ years of sales experience in the metals industry.
2. 2-year college degree or greater preferred.
3. Knowledge of tool and die steels preferred.
4. Proficient computer skills. Word and Excel. Familiarity with ERP Systems a plus.