Product Safety Engineer / Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Industrial Equipment & Supply
Terex Corporation is a diversified global manufacturer reporting in three business segments: Aerial Work Platforms, Cranes, and Materials Processing. Terex manufactures a broad range of equipment for use in various industries, including the construction, infrastructure, quarrying, manufacturing, mining, shipping, transportation, refining, energy and utility industries. Terex offers financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of Terex equipment through Terex Financial Services.
- We market our products to customers in more than 150 countries.
- PRODUCT SAFETY:
- Coordinate with the Terex Corporation Product Safety Officer on product safety matters including accident investigation & reporting, product bulletins, new product development, product standards, and product audits.
- Prepare & Review AccidentReports andrespondaccordingly.
- Interface with Customers
- Interface with Investigating Authorities, ie OSHA, HSE
- Interface with in house counsel & outside counsel
- On Site Investigations / Product Inspections: TravelRequired
- **Coordinate with segment service techs or product managers on product inspections.
- Product Bulletins: Review/Draft/Edit bulletins (safety notices, product advisories, service advisories) in compliance with Terex Product Safety Reference Guidelines
- New Product Development: Assist with risk assessments during design phase, and review manuals & decals.
- Review and approve new / revised technical publications and product materials:
- Operators Manuals, Sales Literature, Field Communications, Marketing Material, on product warnings, decals
- Product Safety Consultation
- Critical Issue consultation with business unit (engineering/product support/warranty)
- Damaged Equipment Repair - written correspondence to customers
- Product Modifications/Alterations – written correspondence or memo regarding same
- Written communications should be on product safety letter head
- Industry & Standards Development: Leadership roles on applicable committees – both North America and International
- LITIGATION SUPPORT:
- Expert review, accident reconstruction, research, exemplar videos, and consultation with outside counsel; TravelRequired
- Coordinate written discovery compliance and sign certification for same.
- Interrogatory answers
- Coordinate productions of documents: sales, engineering, accident reports, etc.
- Testimony – Depositions andTrial
- Expert: Prepare expert reports, and provide expert testimony
- Corporate Representative: Act as Company representative for trial.
- Prior training and experience is key attribute for this function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering; prefer Master’s Degree or PE.
- 5-10years leadership experience in a manufacturing, construction, industrial equipment or heavy equipment servicing environment.
- Certified Safety Professional preferred.
- Experience operating in a global multi-national company and interfacing with global agencies.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Integrity and trust.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Open and fair-mindedness.
- High cultural competence and appreciation of the needs of different cultures and practices.
- Strong quantitative and analytical capability.
- Listening skills.
- Influencing skills; internal and external.
- Process management.
- A second language would be an advantage.