Responsible for developing and carrying out tests and experiments to gauge the safety levels of products. Knowledgeable in current as well as upcoming product safety standards. Must be able to recommend and guide the engineering group on solid guidelines to assure product safety and compliance to industry standards.
- Conduct research and tests to evaluate product safety.
- Isolate potential safety hazards.
- Investigate accidents and injuries related to product and issue recalls if necessary.
- Construct precautionary instructions on label.
- Develop and conduct testing methods.
- Evaluate risk of fires or physical harm.
- Develop safety procedures when handling product.
- Anticipate, recognize, and evaluate safety hazards.
- Achieve safety compliance across multiple product lines and programs.
- Determine regulatory/certification/compliance issues and/or identify foreseeable misuses.
- Review and approve or modify changes to products.
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement due diligence actions to resolve customer issues.
- Maintain proficiency of worldwide safety regulations through research, development of network, and ongoing education.
- Reduce liability concerns and actions.
- MSEE or higher educational degree with related fields.
- 5+ years experience in relevant product safety and compliance standards (IEC 60950, IEC62368, IEC61000,etc)
- Experience in the product certification process with safety agencies and getting national certifications.
- 5years+ experience in offline AC/DC power supply.
Job Type: Full-time
- product certification: 5years
- AC/DC power supply: 5years