Founded in Switzerland in 1874, the Schindler Group is a leading global provider of elevators, escalators, and related services. Schindler mobility solutions move one billion people every day all over the world. Behind the company's success are over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries.
With U.S. Headquarters in Morristown, New Jersey, Schindler Elevator Corporation is the North American operating entity of theSwitzerland-based Schindler Group. Schindler is one of the leading global manufacturers of elevators, escalators and moving walks. Schindler employs over 5,000 people in more than 230 locations in North America. The company specializes in latest-technology engineering as well as mechanical and micro-technology products designed and rigorously tested for comfort, efficiency and reliability. Schindler products can be found in many well-known buildings throughout the US, including 4 World Trade Center, the Bank ofAmerica Tower and the Marriott Marquis in New York, Cowboys Stadium in Dallas and the Cleveland Clinic in Las Vegas.
Product Safety Auditor
Mobility is the goal
- Ensure our New Installation / Modernized Elevators and Escalators are safe for turnover to our customers and riding public.
- Ensure adequate implementation and follow up of CPSI five-year safety test rules and process
- Regularly witness SAIS completions and conduct periodic audits of CPSI five-year inspections
- Review and stay current on SAIS checks and latest elevator and escalator codes to align with Group Organization Norm ON 0-17025
- Review and stay current on latest CPSI 1 & 5 / CAT 1 & 5 checks and latest elevator and escalator codes to comply with Group Organization Norm 0-17024
- Review rules for changes, updates, local adaptations and translations for SAIS and CPSI
- Documentation of SAIS completion and CPSI audits and other reports completed
- Support other business units in the investigation and analysis of product related accidents
- Perform other safety and quality level audits as needed
- Support Technical Compliance Office Audit
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently toaccomplish goals and tasks
- Perform on the job inspections including car tops, pits, etc.
Mobility needs you
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred and/or equivalent safety inspection experience
- Quality Elevator Inspector (QEI) certification or equivalent desired
- Extensive experience (10+ years) with new construction installation.
- Prior experience in elevator field operations, new installations or existing installations and/or engineering
- Responsible for conducting new installation and MOD turnover inspections as assigned for compliance with Schindler and ASME standards and completion of all turnover inspection documentation.
- Inspections will be typically executed along with the local jurisdiction inspector where appropriate.
- Solid knowledge of elevator norms and codes
- Identify any safety related non-conformances during inspection. Offer guidance on non-conformance resolution (same day if possible). Report on all installation standards non-conformances, including reporting data to the responsible Schindler management
- Offer constructive feedback to installation team on installation issues and safety non-conformances after each inspection and safety tests (followup email/phone call. Persuasive and strong in follow up; good customer and people orientation)
- Ability to convey self-confidence and communicate effectively for the purpose of training, sharing information and providing feedback (verbal and written)
- Participate in monthly meetings with Product Safety Team tooffer feedback on inspection findings and to understand any new Schindler standards and policies
- Support activities related to audit preparations
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels oflocal management
- Ability to communicate and work well with mechanics
- Ability to train technicians on tasks and processes related toCPSI, SAIS and Field Link Utilization
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports to FQE Manager onstatus of work completed and progress on attainment ofgoals and objectives
- 50% Travel required