- Apply knowledge of design principles to assess and resolve product/process issues through the product lifecycle.
- Analyze, conduct root cause analysis, and develop dispositions for design non-conformances.
- Apply engineering principles to research technical, operational, and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer and design interim/final engineering solutions.
- Identify documents, analyze reported problems, and communicate deviations that could impact design intent and safety.
- Recommend and manage resolutions.
- Develop and implement product/process improvements.
- Support Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and participate in design reviews.
- Represent the engineering community in the build through post-production environment.
- Ensure supplier and build partner compliance with Boeing standards.
- Develop customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Participate in on-site disabled product repair teams and accident investigation or support team.
- Analyze damage repair or structural modifications to determine appropriate jacking and shoring, prevent collateral damage, and assure a safe work environment.
- Design interim structural repairs and conduct static strength analysis.
- Develop non-destructive test procedures, tools, and standards.
- Conduct simple static strength analysis.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education
- Due to facility requirements, only U.S. Citizens are eligible for consideration at this time.
- Ability to obtain a US Security clearance.
- 3 or more years of experience generating/approving work instructions, work orders, and planning documents.
- 3 or more years of experience with Nonconformance Management (NCM).
- Recent experience (within the last 3 years) working in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 or more years related experience, Master's degree and 3 or more years related experience, or Ph.D.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Aerospace Engineering.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Education
- Active Secret clearance.
- 3 or more years of experience applying Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) (or similar rigorous problem/analysis/resolution process) and processes to engineering development.
- Experience interpreting engineering drawings, schematics, 3D models, wiring diagrams, and/or interface control documents.
- Experience in electronics and electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Degree obtained from an ABET-accredited course of study.