We are looking for a seasoned product operations leader who can bring transformational leadership capability and focus to our product realization activities. This is a high visibility function at Sonos that will play an instrumental role in developing the company’s capabilities to create amazing, uniquely differentiated acoustic hardware products – as well as the high performance operations teams needed to deliver them to the world. This role will lead a product operations team working in parallel with the development team to turn ideas into products. This position will also play a key role in developing, influencing and aligning our longer-term manufacturing, sourcing, andtechnology strategies across the operations and product development organizations. About You
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a cross-functional team of project managers and individual contributors within the product operations team, including sourcing, product and process engineering, supply base engineering, quality, and supply operations, through the process of realizing physical product from exploration to mass production. This is a role of influential leadership, not direct reporting.
- Tightly integrate the work between operations and product development and keep the teams aligned at all times.
- Work closely with NPI Program Management to plan and drive all program builds at the sub and final assembly level, develop and manage the operations budget, and communicate with all of Sonos.
- Work with the operations team and other groups to ensure there is proper communication of the state of the program, program issues, risks, and mitigation plans.
- Motivate, energize, and lead the product operations team with optimism while instilling a quality mindset around every detail of every part of the product.
- Embrace the role as the operations program leader that everyone looks to as the point of accountability for the overall delivery of the product with the quality, cost, and scale expected.
Skills You’ll Need
- 15+ years experience designing, building and leading high performance teams within fast growing, highly innovative and progressive environments.
- Proven track record coaching and developing people and teams - especially in globally diverse, fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding environments.
- Broad leadership experience bringing complex, game-changing products to high-volume manufacturing. Technical background with progressive leadership roles in manufacturing operations, new product introduction/development, and/or strategic sourcing is highly desired.
- Broad, strategic, and creative thinker with a track record of progressive thought leadership.
- Strong collaboration skills - ability to effectively influence others in multiple groups and collaborate cross-functionally to achieve specific goals.
- Engineeringdegree with graduate degree in engineering or business is desired.
- Consumer electronics experience.
- Masters in Engineering or Business.
- Experiencetraveling and working in Asia.