$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Job Category Marketing
What if you were empowered to solve the most complex business problems that Higher Education and Non Profit Organizations face today? What if you had the best social and mobile cloud technology stack to achieve that goal? What if you could work for a company that believes that top line growth is as important as giving back to the community? What if you could work alongside the best and brightest in the industry to craft innovative solutions and transformational strategies? All this in a driven, collaborative and rewarding environment... Sounds like fiction, you say? Absolutely not! Here at Salesforce, we call it #SalesforceOhana!
- The Product Readiness Cloud Architect is a Salesforce domain expert applying broad technical skills, with deep industry knowledge and business acumen, supporting go to teams in developing Salesforce value propositions that align to our customers' business strategies on digital transformation and cloud adoption. The Product Readiness Cloud Architect is a subject matter expert in Salesforce as well as one or more categories that may include: business strategy, application architecture, data & information, integration, security, cloud computing, technology, distributed platforms, mobile, and analytics. With a strong blend of technical and sales skills the Cloud Architect uses a consultative approach to understand business and technical requirements.
- The Cloud Architect determines which Salesforce and third party technologies to leverage in customer driven solution architectures, based upon product knowledge, industry experience, industry standard EA frameworks and Salesforce EA methodologies. While methodology is important we have to drive tactical business value.
The outcome of the Product Readiness Cloud Architect is the Distribution's team straightened ability to be able to sell the full cross cloud value of the salesforce solution set. Being able to identify product solution fit across our broad portfolio is core to this role.
- With a broad IT background including solution architecture, technical architecture, software/systems engineering, cloud computing, governance and SDLC, the Enterprise Cloud Architect leads key discussions and considerations around change programs from both a business and technical perspective.
- The Cloud Architect supports the Industry Solutions, Product Marketing and sales teams develop industry specific, repeatable propositions and go to market strategies.
- The Cloud Architect also participates in the delivery of solution best practices, reference architectures, educational sessions to internal audiences and supports our new product introduction process.
Solutions that maximize customer value through using the breadth of the Salesforce solutions available.
Partnership with Salesforce.org Industry Solutions and Product Marketing to deliver impactful solutions to our unique customer base.
Become a trusted advisor to internal customers including Sales, and CSG
Present Salesforce technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with company's platform capabilities, hosting infrastructure, security and integration capabilities
Understand the breadth of the Salesforce product set and represent the right product for the solutions.
Understand the customer's need and establish our solution as the best solution that addresses the technical and business requirements
Conduct architecture and technical workshops that may include enablement sessions
Work closely with other elements of the Salesforce organization, e.g. alliances, sales effectiveness, industry business unit, product marketing, etc. to develop and execute internal and external programs and initiatives
Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management
Mentor and guide more junior technical resources
B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
Multi-year experience in either software, system or enterprise architecture disciplines
Good understanding of the architectural principles of cloud based platforms including SaaS, PaaS, multitenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure, etc.
Good understanding of all cloud offerings in the market and ability to discuss cloud architectures
Good understanding of enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments as well as common EA topics such as process orchestration, BPM, CEP, MDM, BI/BA, etc.
A good understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier cloud or hybrid applications
Familiar with principles of network, application and information security
Previous practitioner and/or implementation experience of Salesforce solutions or relevant solutions
Familiar with relevant (regional, vertical, etc.) data privacy and compliance requirements
Familiar with solution selling
Experience of architectural frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, etc.
Familiar with design thinking and similar principles
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Valid Through: 2019-10-18