Req. ID: 119269
As a Global Quality (GQ) Product Quality and Reliability Assurance (PQRA) NAND Quality Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will provide support for electrical qualification programs, failure analysis, and data analysis toward qualification of next-generation NAND Flash memory devices. In this role, you will coordinate with multiple engineering teams to ensure appropriate product quality/reliability evaluation methods are developed and followed. You will define engineering evaluations and complete data analysis looking at the NAND cell array reliability.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Develop Product Reliability Methodology
- Coordinate with research and development teams
- Comprehend new NAND Flash processes/technologies for product reliability issues. Contribute to cell FMEA effort.
- Develop product reliability tests to assess new 3D NAND Flash failure mechanisms.
- Reliability Modeling for NAND Cell and array characterization
- Come up with product reliability assessment from beginning to end of life NAND use for different market segment like Storage, Mobile and Automotive products.
- Collaboration with product and R&D teams to understand customer reliability requirements and align them with system level solutions.
Support Deviant Material Disposition
- Assess deviation for NAND Flash product quality and reliability risk
- Define evaluation(s) necessary to mitigate risk
- Facilitate and manage evaluations
- Disposition deviant material at appropriate level
Provide Internal Technical Support for Customer Problem Resolution
- Assist NAND Customer Team with electrical analysis of returned material
- Provide input on manufacturing history and known issues relative to customer failure signature
- Assist with necessary corrective actions at manufacturing level
- Comprehend field failure rates relative to internal failure rates
Provide Expertise and Consultation on Quality-Related Topics
- Support Global Product Qualification Meetings
- Train, mentor, and develop new talent
- Provide part qualification data for customers
- Interface with Engineering groups on quality issues
- Obtain product knowledge
PhD, or Masters’ Degree
- Electrical Engineering, Device Physics, or Related field of study
3 years’ experience (or PhD related study) in any of the following:
- In Device Characterization, Device Physics, Semiconductor Processing, Semiconductor Reliability or a related field
- Background in device physics, semiconductor processing, semiconductor reliability, and device characterization
- Knowledge of NAND Flash structure and operation, typical product failure modes, and reliability mechanisms
- Strong knowledge of statistical concepts relevant to semiconductor quality and reliability
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Background in computer programming &scripting language like PERL, PYTHON
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work with people from diverse technical backgrounds and be a team player
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
Keywords: BOISE || Idaho (US-ID) || United States (US) || Quality || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-MW1 ||
Nearest Major Market: Boise
Nearest Secondary Market: Meridian
Job Segment: Semiconductor, Quality Engineer, R&D Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Science, Engineering, Quality