Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA.
We are seeking to hire a Product Quality Engineer in our Boise, Idaho office. Lovevery makes premium products for play and child development and we need a highly skilled Quality professional to help commercialize new product introductions. The job responsibilities include creating quality plans for new products while in development and working closely with our engineering team to ensure all product designs will be safe, compliant to regulations and will stand up to the rigors of child's play.
Key attributes of the candidate:
- Attention to detail- laser focus on all details big and small.
- Analytical problem solving skills- have the ability to problem solve quickly and effectively on a wide variety of issues driving to logical and thoughtful solutions
- Strong collaborator and communicator- role requires working effectively and collaboratively with the innovation and engineering functions. Ability to communicate on technical issues is a must. You must also be able to simplify issues to communicate effectively with non-technical staff.
- Project management- possess a strong work ethic, be very responsive and be results oriented in all you do. Strong project management skills are a must
- Responsible for working with the core development team to ensure concepts being advanced in early stages of development are compliant to applicable regulations, meet internal safety standards and will meet the expectations of the consumer from a quality perspective
- Will develop product level quality specifications that will define regulatory requirements and internal safety requirements to be applied. Will also define reliability test plans that represent brand expectation and will ensure high levels of consumer satisfaction for our premium brand
- Will assess bread board models and samples at various stages of development as life cycle advances and provide timely feedback to development and manufacturing source teams to address quality, safety and potential regulatory issues.
- Will lead effort to conduct product level Hazard Analysis early in product lifecycle
- Will monitor consumer feedback once products launch and work with development teams and manufacturing sources to implement effective corrective actions to products
- Will apply engineering and statistical tools effectively as required by the issue at hand
- Will help define and assist with the implementation of a variety of standards across the product line.
- Will work with cross-functional teams that will analyze consumer data and trends from a quality point of view.
- 4+ years of Product Quality Assurance experience required. Toy and/or consumer product experience is a plus.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required due to the potential need for international travel in this role
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques for wood, plastic injection molding, sewing and metal fabrication is desired
- Knowledge of statistical and engineering analysis tools
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering field or related technical field
- Periodic travel to international manufacturing locations required in the future
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- The usual paid holidays and a few extras (ex. Election day)
- Paid maternity or paternity leave
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
- Innovative, fast-paced and team-based culture.