Google has one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. Your team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Product Quality Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google's powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you're right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google's infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google's infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
The Product Quality team is responsible for developing and maintaining product level quality standards to maximize customer experience and product performance. As a Product Quality Engineer, you'll draw from your in-depth technical capabilities and your relentless hunger for solving problems and minimizing risk to ensure that Google’s products offer a best-in-class customer experience. You will work shoulder to shoulder with Product, Engineering, Customer Services, Operations and Business teams to build comprehensive Quality Management Systems and Product Quality Strategies. Your role is vital to the team as you are the intersection between customer advocacy and product performance, ensuring robust products are developed in the spirit of product excellence.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Establish product quality standards for Google’s development processes, manufacturing partners and facilities. Construct robust quality controls into production and delivery systems.
- Represent the voice of the customer throughout the product and customer journeys. Seek and expose risks while driving focus to critical to quality features through engineering, product and process validation.
- Apply a combination of industry standard and customized quality engineering tools and tactics to support time-to-market and product quality goals.
- Manage prioritization and cross-functional problem resolution of product quality issues during development process.
- BS degree in an Engineering field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in a New Product Development quality role.
- Experience working with data visualization and manipulation tools.
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and developing briefings on risks through thorough analysis of dependencies.
- Experience developing and presenting executive-level briefs describing root cause analysis, next steps and actions, anticipated delivery schedules and risk mitigations.
- Background in camera system design, manufacturing or debug.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide internal network including, Product Marketing, Legal and Business teams.
- Effective problem solving and communication skills.
- Fast-paced, customer service driven, problem solver, self-starter and analytical. Passionate about best-in-class customer experiences, detail oriented.