- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- CRE and/or CQE (Certified Reliability/Quality Engineer) certification.
- 10 years of experience in computing hardware quality and engineering issue resolution.
- Experience with data analysis and visualization using tools such as JMP, Python, SQL or similar.
About the job
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 15 years of experience in quality engineering of cloud technology or complex hardware systems.
- Experience leading cross-functional engineering teams using a practical and solution-oriented approach.
- Practical experience with advanced DfQ and DfR for Cloud computing systems.
- Experience with advanced statistical (or statistics based) methodologies such as design of experiments, statistical process controls, six sigma etc.
- Experience with excellent technical leadership, project management, de-escalation skills and executive communication.
In this role, you will be quality engineer who leading product-related activities between engineering teams and suppliers. This includes identifying and managing risks and communicating project goals to stakeholders. As a Product Quality Engineer, you will evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures to help continuously improve our products and manufacturing process. You will work closely with various highly skilled design and manufacturing engineering teams, product operations and supply chain teams to ensure the product represents the best of Google's brand and ensures a quality of service beyond today's standards.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible. Responsibilities
- Lead Quality Engineering for multiple high-complexity compute products, from qualification through large scale deployment
- Provide technical leadership, set priorities and drive resolution of complex technical issues for a robust product quality and predictable field deployment
- Analyze manufacturing and field data to extract actionable insights and areas of opportunity for continuous improvement
- Initiate, drive and implement innovative product, process, tools development/improvement projects, with minimal guidance and in a cross-functional environment
- Monitor, review and present product performance data and metrics to stakeholders in a concise and clear way that enables data-driven decision making