Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal’s People team is looking for an experienced, dynamic product/project leader to define and deliver solutions for our People Operations team. This person will work on strategic priorities that transform the way we work, the systems we use and the quality of the experiences we deliver to our customers (who happen to be our employees).
This person will partner across our People team to help define world-class employee focused solutions. They will also work closely with our project management, tech, Finance, OCIO and other teams to ensure timely, cost-effective delivery of product solutions. This position is for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who thinks like an “owner". You will also be someone who enjoys a dynamic and growing work environment and working with people to provide world-class business solutions. If you’re a change agent with a forward-thinking, flexible mindset, we want you to join our team.
This role will be both strategic and hands on.
- You will work with partners to set strategy consistent with PayPal corporate priorities:
- Collaboration with partners (Planning and Delivery, OCIO, HRIS, Finance, Procurement, HR Services, Vendors).
- Investment mix of R&D, new development, run the business.
- Roadmap for product and services.
- High level KPI’s and goals for both business and customers.
- Work with Technology partners to prioritize capabilities, strategies and roadmap alignment in accordance with business values and technical risk.
- Negotiate and collaborate with all stakeholders the scope of delivery and approach to execution.
- Align strategy and roadmap with cross vertical product areas.
- Work closely with various team members, across sponsors, stakeholders and customers to define and promote the “story” of the work.
- Lead vendor contract negotiations and vendor relations management.
- Manage overall budget against area of responsibility.
- Maintain high-level product roadmaps.
- Prioritized features and functionality.
- Prioritized list of strategic capabilities and services by region or country.
- Identify dependencies.
- Champion the employee experience to deliver against strategy and long-term vision.
- Execute and communicate a holistic product vision and business value statement for all areas of responsibility.
- Define how your solutions impact our internal customers and the business, leading and influencing across functions.
- Identify and document business processes, requirements, stakeholders and user groups for all areas of responsibility. You will lead the identification of requirements through interviews, design workshops, partnerships with the business, etc.
- Gather user feedback on products quarterly. Feedback should be used as input to define better future solutions for our customers.
- Define and document solutions to meet end user requirements, including documentation of system specifications.
- Define and document user stories for these solutions to meet end user requirements in partnership with the Product Development teams. Prioritize these user stories based on business value and product functionality.
- Manage milestones and deliverables based on technology during projects/enhancement/fixes.
- Maintain a backlog of User Stories to pass to development teams.
- Participate in Agile Process and planning sessions.
- Collaborate with other product owners, our customers, our business partners, our stakeholders, the development team, the quality team and the project management office.
- Define product launch strategy. Deliver and create end user communications and training materials when necessary.
- Define and operationalize the metrics to be used to measure success for workforce onboarding. Build a reporting cadence to track progress based on these metrics.
- BA/BS Degree.
- 5+ years in product, human computer interaction, program management, project management or business analysis.
- Relentless Customer Focus.
- Strong Business Acumen and Communication Skills.
- Experience in requirements gathering, data flow and process analysis.
- Experience in agile product development.
- Team-first orientation with excellent time management and relationship building skills.
- Capable of deploying solutions quickly and iteratively.
- Excellent track record in Product Management for a leading company.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.