Who we are
We are Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services for HIV prevention and treatment, family planning and maternal and child survival.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We’re a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI wants to reimagine healthcare, to put the consumer at the center, and wherever possible - bring care to the front door. PSI has a large portfolio of products and services across health areas and is exploring opportunities to expand this portfolio - bringing access to a broader range of products to our consumer when and where she wants them.
You will support the Deputy Director of Global Marketing in the development of a product portfolio strategy and roadmap for the organization:
- Lead on opportunities to optimize PSI’s existing portfolio of modern contraceptives, safe abortion products and condoms for greater impact and efficiencies (in collaboration with key stakeholders).
- Support the development of product portfolio strategies (including branding guidance where relevant) for these categories in collaboration with health area and marketing teams and in line with global market shaping approaches.
- Assess opportunities to expand the basket of products for PSI’s Social Enterprises across adjacent categories.
- Work with supply chain, marketing, regional and enterprise teams to facilitate the route to market for new products – specifically developing an optimized process for product registration.
- Optimize PSI’s brand audit and trademark registration process.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in successfully bringing innovation to market and new product development. Preference for experience with pharmaceutical sector or fast-moving consumer goods.
- Strong core marketing skills in developing product portfolio strategies across 4Ps.
- Experience in multi-country portfolio management and roll-outs.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly relating to market data and consumer insight.
- A self-starter – the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Someone who is proactive in looking for new opportunities;
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal and written;
- Fluency in English required.