Role:: Product Packaging Engineer.
Location:: Irvine, CA.
Technical/ Functional Skills:
The Package Development Engineer will be designing and developing the packaging systems for a wide range of sterile and non-sterile products. The role will have responsibilities including the following.
· Apply knowledge of engineering principles and practices to effectively plan and execute package development projects.
· Partner with New Product Development and Lifecycle Engineering teams to develop packaging systems that meet customer requirements.
· Lead and support changes to existing package designs.
· Innovate to create new packaging systems that improve performance, reduce cost, or improve the customer experience.
· Hands-on Package laboratory testing to simulate transportation distribution hazards.
· Develop and validate package development and transit test methods.
· Support package equipment validation actives.
· Write technical protocols and reports.
· Create package component drawings and specifications.
· On-board new packaging materials.
· Develop general packaging guidelines and standards for processes and functional requirements.
· The position will have no direct reports. Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
The qualified candidate for this hands-on position should be able to use Engineering principles, tools, and practices to determine root cause of component failure and develop and implement optimization of existing packaging a well as development of packaging to support new product development teams. The individual must be capable of working independently and in a team setting supporting the resolution of component failures and conducting required statistical analysis.
Valid through: 8/24/2020