We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
The Product Owner (PO) is responsible for setting priorities for an Agile team to effectively advance and deliver a product/set of products that create value for Thrivent. Products can be a physical good/service/experience, a tangible process, a measurable outcome, or a specified result. A PO must possess the skills necessary to balance product requirements and tactical/strategic work priorities in support of Thrivent’s overall strategies.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
Collaborates inclusively and courageously to deliver the maximum value to Thrivent
- Collaborate with and influence stakeholders to ensure work prioritization is aligned with Thrivent’s priorities and initiatives roadmap as well as to provide product development feedback and direction.
- Provides feedback to People Development Leaders relative to the performance and development of the team members.
- Ensure return on investment is consistently calculated and clearly communicated to the team and key stakeholders.
- Has financial/budgetary responsibility for the product.
- Be available for consultation during iteration planning for each sprint as needed by the team.
- Collaborate with other product owners to synchronize work across product teams.
Proactively anticipates, recognizes and leads change to drive results
- Continuously innovates and evolves the product in alignment with strategic priorities.
- Drive towards minimum viable product (MVP) by thinking iteratively. Make timely decisions in order for the team to be able to move forward even when the outcome isn’t certain.
- Set the bar for high product quality standards for their teams. Allows the development team to deliver the “how”; is comfortable operating with ambiguity.
- Performs ongoing generating, managing, refinement and prioritization of the product backlog.
- Provides clear story definitions and acceptance criteria and final acceptance upon story completion.
- Participates in establishing working principles (ex. usage, design, data, decision making, etc.) as needed for the product.
- Responsible for the strategic and financial implications of a product team (development team members, Scrum Master, and self).
- Bachelors Degree required.
- At least 5 years of experience in business, programs, and/or projects for the function that the product serves.
- Experience providing direction to large, complex initiatives.
- Preferred - experience in the entire development process: idea generation, idea development, idea test, idea refinement, and implementation.
- Experience in the following areas: project management, financial acumen, stakeholder management, market research, technology management, and process design.
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) disciplines preferred.
- Travel will be required for this position, as needed.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.