The purpose of this role is to lead the design and development of a Global Digital Product, that forms a critical part of the complex and wide scoped TD Digital Commerce Platform~(DCP). The DCP provides all the tools and services for our Business teams and Customers to work within our Digital processes. As part of a SAFe Scrum product team, the Product Owner works closely with Product Managers to build a backlog of user stories that specifies the work required by the Agile Scrum development team to ensure the products are built to meet the strategic needs of the Business. The Product Owner is the subject matter expert of all aspects of the technical solution built, working with Scrum master to define the prioritised Sprint backlog and refining it as necessary (including the triaging of production defects into the same backlog). The role is technical facing, global and also includes significant business interaction.
- Chief contributor to the Strategic Product Blueprint for the global product (s) they manage and works with Lead Product Owner to gain management approval
- Partner with Business and Product Manager to understand the global product vision and provide thought leadership from a solution perspective as input to strategy
- Collobrates with architects to align on functional design and technology to be utilised within the global product(s)
- Using requested features and architectural direction as input, simplifies the complexity of the desired solution to create the user stories that give clear functional and non-functional direction to development team. This directs the Scrum team in how the product needs to be developed, to ensure technical integrity of the solution is maintained and that the maximum re-use of components and micro-services is delivered
- Owns and maintains the prioritised three month product backlog of user stories that is visible, transparent and aligned with Business priorities
- Sole Approver of user stories and triage owner of production bugs
- Owns the quality of the global product and responsible for acceptance sign-off for all new functionality within each sprint
- Supports Scrum master in all Scrum ceremonies to aid effective and timely delivery
- Responsible for constant story refinement so that Scrum team can immediately start on next Sprint of approved stories and thus enable continuous delivery within the Sprint cadence
- Demonstrate flair for innovation and creativity, focusing on outcomes
- Respected as Product Authority by all in Scrum team and outside it re Platform capabilities
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- >3 to 5 Years of relevant work experience is required.
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Other Education / Certifications: Certified Product Owner
- Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Able to use common office equipment.
- Possesses strong data entry skills.
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
- Able to converse and write effectively in English and other local / regional language.
- Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
- Able to interact effectively with higher levels of management (managers & above)
- Able to negotiate skillfully and promote/sell ideas persuasively.
- Understand, communicate, and collaborate effectively with people across various identities.
- Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Able to adjust readily to change and adapt as needed.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Able to collaborate and build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
- Able to quickly learn/adapt to new systems and technology.
- Able to use relevant computer systems and applications at an advanced level.
- Consistent non-standard work or overtime as business requires.
- On-call availability required as necessary.
- Professional, office environment.