The Project Owner (PO) is a member of an Agile Development Team. The Product Owner is responsible for guiding the team to create and deliver software applications that meet client, business, and firm goals by breaking down and defining small workable tasks (user stories) and prioritizing the team backlog to streamline the execution of priorities. The PO defines users, creates and maintains stories, and prioritizes work for new or revised features or enhancements. The PO has a significant role in quality control and is the team member empowered to accept stories as done. The Product Owner position has significant relationships and responsibilities outside of the agile team, including working closely with leadership and program management. The PO is aware and manages dependencies across multiple teams and disciplines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate story creation for teams, and partners with the Scrum Masters to facilitate team story backlog refinement.
- Collaborate with product management, leadership, and technical teams to analyze the Firm needs to implement high quality solutions.
- Articulate and communicate project vision and user stories in a manner clearly understandable to development teams so the team understands target objectives.
- Monitor the team development progress and provides updates to leadership, product management, and stakeholders, as requested.
- Apply Agile methods and processes to promote a disciplined project management process that encourages frequent inspection and adaptation of ongoing work.
- Lead regular demonstration and review meetings to communicate feedback on development achievements.
- Partner with agile scrum master, other technology teams, and stakeholders to test and deliver features in the team backlog.
- Ensure that development work maximizes value and is aligned with overall firm strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Project Management, Business Administration or related field; or equivalent experience work experience in business or technology required.
- 5 to 7 years' experience of business analysis and/or project management required.
- Strong analytical, organizational, management, negotiation, and people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, team members, individual contributors)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, flexibility and adaptability to change, decision-making and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with Kanban, the Scaled Agile Framework, Agile, or Scrum processes.
- Ability to understand evolving technologies and relate to current business demands.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, team members, individual contributors).