We are currently seeking a Product Owner who will be an active participant in delivering IT solutions for the RLI Surety division. They will help define and convey the vision to the team in order to address business needs gathered from internal and external customers. They will be responsible for translating business strategies into user stories and detailed business requirements. The Product Owner will also be responsible for administering, updating, and developing Access front end applications.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and enhance a variety of access databases for business projects.
- Coordinate with customers, employees, and departments to find solutions to issues experienced by customers and other third-party entities.
- Translate business needs into user stories, business requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Gather and analyze complex system and bond type requirements from management, external users, and others for implementation in the automated surety system.
- Coordinate with other departments to discover, research, test, and implement solutions to automation issues experienced by customers and other third-party entities.
- Provide customer support to customers and employees relating to surety automation systems.
- Understand, create, and document complex rating algorithms.
- Create and run complex queries.
- Lead working teams in the identification of current and desired workflows.
- Familiarity relational databases/database design.
- Knowledge of agile methodology and processes.
- Experience with programming or programming logic.
- Strong knowledge of technical applications including: SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, Open Database Connectivity (ODBC), and Visual Basic for Applications.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Access and Excel applications.
- Ability to use analytical methods in automation processes to find workable solutions.
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations to internal contacts, customers, and third-party stakeholders.
- Ability to generate innovative and workable solutions.
Requires a bachelor's degree in business, computer science, or a similar field with 3-5 years of related experience in a related field or position.