We’re big players in the traditional brick-and-mortar remittances business but our digital products need to catch up. Come and join using this unique opportunity to redo our digital products that currently serve thousands of customers in +150 countries.
As an individual contributor on a small Product team, the successful candidate will provide detailed business analysis to support Ria Digital’s consumer-facing web and mobile money transfer applications. The Product Owner will work closely with bthe Business stakeholders to elicit and define business requirements, and with Delivery team members from Design and Technology to articulate and refine user stories and other artifacts as needed to support the technical design, development and testing of features that provide value to Ria Digital’s customers and business partners.
- Collaborate with the Product team, Scrum Master, Solution Architect, Developers, UX Designers, Content Managers, QA Analysts to define the right requirements and deliver the right solution.
- Decompose high-level business features defined by the Product team into detailed user stories that the Delivery team can estimate, develop and test.
- Take responsibility for the requirements elicitation process, engaging with business owners and stakeholders to understand their needs, anticipate and identify business requirements, and document the details via user stories and other artifacts as appropriate for the delivery team.
- Lead story refinement sessions with the Delivery team to ensure that the requirements are understood and can be estimated.
- Create/update and manage product documentation as new features and solutions are implemented, to include workflows, business rules, demo videos, etc.
- Continually develop and maintain product expertise in assigned domain area as well as the financial services offered on Ria Digital platforms.
- Support business stakeholders (Product Managers/Analysts, Product Operations, Fraud, Marketing, Compliance, Analytics, etc.) as a subject matter expert by answering questions related to the Ria Digital applications, researching production issues, providing demos of the application, recommending enhancements, etc.
- Collaborate internally in the Product Owner / Business Analysis team to ensure consistency and coverage across Ria Digital applications and platforms.
- Take part in daily stand-ups, product testing, sprint planning, end of sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent/related work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience defining business requirements for software development (for both front-end UI and for API integrations) in either e-commerce, financial services, or consumer-facing products.
- Self-starter who can work collaboratively with stakeholders across multiple business and technology functions.
- Able to adapt to new technologies and complex technical environments.
- Highly analytical in approach to work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience working in an Agile environment (ideally with experience of Scrum) is strongly preferred.
- Experience collaborating with UI design teams during the requirements elicitation process.
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following tools: Aha, Jira, Realtime Board, Visio, Sharepoint, Confluence.
- Experience working in or creating applications for a globally diverse environment.
Compensation: $85,000 - $100,000