What you'll do:
Principal Global Investors (PGI) is looking for a Product Engineer to join their organization! This team has a passion for product management, continuous improvement and advocates as a change agent within PGI. If you want to be a part of delivering outcomes that delight the customer, please apply today.
Here are few examples of the kinds of things you'll do:
- Be a change Agent: Focus on the outcomes that help our business achieve their goals
- Servant Leadership: Work with both the business and technical teams to gain an understanding of stakeholder/customer needs and to build solutions that deliver value, and align with product objectives
- Be collaborative: You will play a role in the planning, oversight, communication and feedback loop on the delivery of outcomes.
- Be assertive: This position requires open communication, influence, problem solving, decision-making and a customer service mindset to execute on product strategy.
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive pay, benefits, perks and more. We'll reward you for the skills and experience you have.
- A great place to live, work and play. Greater Des Moines is one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the country. Given its vibrant and welcoming culture, it's no wonder Des Moines has garnered so much national recognition—including #3 Best Affordable Place to Live (U.S. News & World Report, 2019).
- Respect for your unique perspective. Diversity, inclusion and empowerment are at the core of our culture.
- A career, not just a job. Principal is a place where you can learn and innovate. Do important work. Make an impact. And achieve your professional goals.
- The ability to have a great job and a great life. Sure, work is important. But so is your family. And your friends. And your community. That's why we provide the flexibility needed to find the right balance between your job and the rest of your life.
We're looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years' experience with product management, analysis, relationship management or related experience
- Process improvement experience
Additional preferred experience:
- Engineering mindset
- Product mindset
- Business process modeling and analysis experience
- Product management techniques (i.e. value stream mapping, story mapping, design thinking)
- Lean methodology experience