At Fareportal, we create the technology that is driving innovation in the travel industry - one of the world’s fastest-growing sectors. Our employees are the core of our organization and together we’re revolutionizing the way people book travel.
Our portfolio of brands including CheapOair and OneTravel receive over 100 million visitors annually and drive over $4 billion in annual revenue.
In addition to competitive pay and benefits, generous time off, and frequent company-wide social events, Fareportal provides employees with an environment that nurtures diversity, creativity, and success. Our open and Agile workspace gives our employees the time and space for collaboration, brainstorming, and research and development. At Fareportal, you’ll be challenged, rewarded, and motivated to work effectively day in and day out.
We are seeking a customer-centric, data-driven Product Owner for our Pricing platform. The primary focus is to create an internal dynamic pricing tool that would provide competitive advantage along with maximum revenue opportunity. The Product Owner will define and execute a roadmap based on business vision, market trends, customer feedback, and data science and business analytics. The right person will possess strong technical acumen and proven experience in translating business requirement to product requirement and driving the execution of work in incremental and iterative ways. Previous experience in the travel industry with revenue management is a big plus, experience creating enterprise-level highly scalable platforms is key. The role is a challenging yet exciting opportunity to create a highly scalable platform to help millions of customers to book their perfect travel.
- Translate business needs into an actionable agile roadmap for the Fareportal Pricing Platform by working closely with the Business Owner and other stakeholders
- Full product ownership of the Fareportal Pricing Platform
- Lead the concept, scope, design, development, and launch of new functionality
- Lead research, metrics gathering, competitive and performance analyses of products listed above
- Identify and outline the needs to accelerate each project, convert findings to clearly defined epics, features and user stories so they are easily executed by the technology team
- Ongoing competitive analysis to ensure that we are providing top-tier products to our connected consumers
- Provide product requirement, user stories and work with the data science team to ensure fast execution.
- Prioritize mix of minor necessary enhancements and new innovations/revenue/cost opportunities
- Identify and communicate status, blockers, risks, and mitigation strategies to appropriate teams as needed
- Create dashboards based on current tools.
- Follow development items through the entire life cycle, from conception to launch.
- Test the product before launch to ensure it is aligned with the scope requirements.
- Work with A/B Testing Team for all new launches and their variations.
- Bachelor degree in computers, information system or equivalent
- MBA degree from reputable college preferred
- Certified Agile Product Owner preferred
- 5+ years product owner; must have excellent relationship skills, a strong customer focus, creativity, and a drive for results
- Proven experience with full product SDLC, from concept to launch
- Proven ability to define and execute a successful product and development roadmap
- Ability to break high-level concept/projects into sprint deliverables.
- Create well-defined user stories with clear requirements for the development team and detailed acceptance criteria for QA engineers,
- Excellent hands-on analytical skills, with a proven ability of multi-tasking with minimal oversight
- Must be a champion of new innovative ideas that drive competitive parity and superiority
- Ability to lead diverse cross-functional teams and continue fueling innovation to yield a world class product
- Develop and manage ongoing business relationships at multiple organizational levels, and work in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver both formal and informal presentations to groups of all sizes
- Experience with A/B testing and tools, with a strong understanding of data-driven decision-making
- Knowledge of current web and mobile technologies, and familiarity with how the digital ecosystem is evolving